Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I haven't been able to ride much this winter, but the past couple of weeks I've been able to break out the Yeti (as well as the SS) and get in some rides. I've "misplaced" my cyclometer for my Yeti sometime over the past couple of months and I think it's pretty much a lost cause now.

I've always been the type that likes to see data....miles ridden...average speed...heart rate...etc.

But in my past couple of rides....I really didn't give a damn about how many miles I rode or my MPH average. I just rode and enjoyed it. Now I may be whistling a different tune when spring is finally here, but so far I don't care.

I just need to find the one for my damn road bike though!

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
BelaySlave said:
Yeah I haven't been able to ride much this winter, but the past couple of weeks I've been able to break out the Yeti (as well as the SS) and get in some rides. I've "misplaced" my cyclometer for my Yeti sometime over the past couple of months and I think it's pretty much a lost cause now.

I've always been the type that likes to see data....miles ridden...average speed...heart rate...etc.

But in my past couple of rides....I really didn't give a damn about how many miles I rode or my MPH average. I just rode and enjoyed it. Now I may be whistling a different tune when spring is finally here, but so far I don't care.

I just need to find the one for my damn road bike though!
Shame on you Nick. Shame, Shame, Shame.... Hilary will NOT be America's next Prez. :madman:

Oh, and yeah, I agree. Ride to enjoy it. But if I had the $$$ I would be buying a GPS. Those are cool. You can race yourself against the best times of previous rides.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just use mine mainly for looking at my current speed... and odometer to keep track of my trip and total mileage. I've tried doing away with it several times but I just can't do it. maybe I'll try the GPS too!

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
yeah..once you get a GPS you won't go back ;)

that's on my SS (though it is usually on my camelbak, I just put it there to answer a post on the garmin handlebar mount)

·
Registered
49 Posts
crisillo said:
yeah..once you get a GPS you won't go back ;)

that's on my SS (though it is usually on my camelbak, I just put it there to answer a post on the garmin handlebar mount)
I have the Garmin 60CS but I currently have it loaded with the Colorado map hoping I'll be able to go there in April. Its a neat GPS though except that I think its too big for the handlebar..besides I'd have to pick it up off the ground everytime I fall..hehehe
The Camelback is a nice idea though...if I don't fall on it.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
BlkYeti said:
I have the Garmin 60CS but I currently have it loaded with the Colorado map hoping I'll be able to go there in April. Its a neat GPS though except that I think its too big for the handlebar..besides I'd have to pick it up off the ground everytime I fall..hehehe
The Camelback is a nice idea though...if I don't fall on it.
Well, the camelbak with the GPS was on my back when I landed on my butt and back.....luckily no problems :)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have a Garmin Forerunner 201 that I use to use with my SS since it didn't have a cyclometer.

Ehhhh...who knows...maybe I'll put in a grand effort to look for my missing cyclometer. If worse comes to worse and I NEED to know my mileage and speed...I can just use my Forerunner.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
BelaySlave said:
I do have a Garmin Forerunner 201 that I use to use with my SS since it didn't have a cyclometer.

Ehhhh...who knows...maybe I'll put in a grand effort to look for my missing cyclometer. If worse comes to worse and I NEED to know my mileage and speed...I can just use my Forerunner.
The Forerunner would do the job just fine... plus it could help if you can't find your way back a new or unknown trail...

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
crisillo said:
The Forerunner would do the job just fine... plus it could help if you can't find your way back a new or unknown trail...
you guys actually get GPS reception in the woods? We have pretty tick tree cover here, on the trail my GPS is pretty much useless, except as a very expensive compass.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Joules said:
you guys actually get GPS reception in the woods? We have pretty tick tree cover here, on the trail my GPS is pretty much useless, except as a very expensive compass.
The Edge models and the 60CSx with the new Sirf chipset have reception almost anywhere.... on my old Vista I used a battery powered Portable Re-Radiating Antenna set to manage to get signal in the forest, with my 60CSx (without external antenna) I very rarely lose any signal..

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Joules said:
I've had pretty good luck with my Forerunner in the forests around central Idaho. Yeah there are times when I'm in pretty thick coverage, but overall....no problems. I have yet to try the unit in a very deep canyon though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.