Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i drained all the oil out of my fork and then i put in the same amount in each leg that i took out. then i put the caps back on and the rebound still felt too fast and i kept adding oil until it felt good. now when i push down it gets real stiff towards the end of the stroke. i dont dislike this feeling, but i just dont know if it is bad. also, could you put in too much oil and harm something?

btw this is amazinglarry

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
bighit816 said:
today i drained all the oil out of my fork and then i put in the same amount in each leg that i took out. then i put the caps back on and the rebound still felt too fast and i kept adding oil until it felt good. now when i push down it gets real stiff towards the end of the stroke. i dont dislike this feeling, but i just dont know if it is bad. also, could you put in too much oil and harm something?

btw this is amazinglarry
More oil just prevents bottoming or reduces your effective travel. It may have been a better idea to just use a heavier weight oil to start with. I don't think using more oil slows down your rebound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.