Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lately I have been having problems with my front shimano cable disk brakes where they wont lock up at all and barely have any power. but yesturday when I was out riding on some local trails I rode threw a river and when I was on the other side I braked hard and I did an endo. it is a little odd that I get more power when the brakes are wet whats the deal?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had these pads for over three years but they still look like they have pad left. but it could be the pads. where can I find some pads that will fit these brakes. I cant seem to find them anywhere

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
3 years is certainly an exceptional life for a set of pads, I'd consider 6 months a long time. How thick is the pad material now? If you can't find Shimano pads you aren't looking very hard....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bikinfoolferlife said:
3 years is certainly an exceptional life for a set of pads, I'd consider 6 months a long time. How thick is the pad material now? If you can't find Shimano pads you aren't looking very hard....
haha yes 3 years is a long time. there is still 1 mm of pad left I think but I will buy new one anyways these pads are just plain old. I found some kool stop pads so I think I will order those.
Thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.