Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi VB, I did that very thing. I ordered 2 narrow and 2 medium of the Fraens. The Iris have a nice tight focus, they look good. The really nice feature of using two MCE's is only 20 watts at full power. A battery of three 18650 (2400mAH size) cells has 30WH. Around 1.5 hours on a small battery. The triple MCE light with CMC-RS optics that I'm using now just doesn't have the throw. Lots of light up close though. I think the triple MCE would be a very good bar light. Maybe I would use CMC-SS or CMC-D optics for the bar light. I like a "spotty" light for my noggin. I'm hopeing that the narrow Fraen reflectors will be satisfactory. I'm STILL waiting for more parts to start on the new light projects. If the weather will cooperate, I'll try for a few beamshots tonight. My back is sore (hurt it putting bike into truck:madmax: ), I haven't been able to ride for 2 weeks. So I have been passing the time buying "stuff" for my light projects. James

·
Registered
247 Posts
That shot of the Iris' looks damn close to what I get with the 2 Fraen Narrow beams. I could light stuff up a few hundred feet away but not enough spill to fill in around it. Like looking down a tunnel.
I'm waiting for the postman to bring me some Mediums and then all will be good- at least until my next build...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.