Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something I have wanted to do for some time & topic of many debates.
With a little help from Manitou / Sun & WTB we have the "2951"
This first proto is in the medium range 23.5 effective tt.
G3 dropout & Head tube
14" bb in middle, w 64.5 ha @ 0
CS 18.25"
WB 48"
Where do you start with this, so I went with tried & true and we have a bit of adjustability to play with.
Travel is at 7.5 or 8" with adjustable link.
fork is reduced to 7"
So everyone who has thrown a leg over it is blown away in one aspect or another.
This is just a test project at this point & hope to get some team riders on real tracks in near future. Tires are the biggest issue at this point but if it pans out I am sure Intense Tires will step up for some racing rubber choices.
The 951 frame works well for this as there is alot of room for seatube tire clearance.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Jeff, I took the liberty of posting it on the 29 forum. It should see some interest. If only I was younger, well a lot younger.

Now stop messing around and go and get my Tracer 29 done already.

Ronnie.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Oh boy! What do we see next? A fixie Intense? ;)
I hoped you would play with a Socom Evo or a gearbox bike prototype, oh well. :rolleyes:
But let's see if the team riders will be faster or slower on the 29er, and more important if those wheels/tires withstand the punishing. Now it is finally possible to do a real scientific comparison to show everybody that 29ers are ????
No more guessing and "it feels better" reviews. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
385 Posts
thats one bad bump eating machine...but the right horse for the right course this could be podium material! I would love to see the vid in testing action and the riders feedback...any chance of something like that Jeff?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Perfect Tall guy DH bike!

I'm 6'5" and have a hard time finding a DH bike to fit me (on a Large V10 right now and it's not quite long enough). An XXL '2951' with a 25.5-26 inch ett would be perfect!

Let me know when I can order it. I'll be the first in line.

J. C.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
A brilliant marketing move if nothing else- 96 people viewing this thread at the moment.

The big wheels make it look particularly long & low; would definitely be fun to give it a ride. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.