Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
12,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was driving in a residential area. There was a little traffic, I wasn't going very fast. There was a guy riding a very cheap MTB on the left side of the road, which means the wrong side of the road against traffic, with no helmet. My first thought was, "what a dumb mother ****er". At first I was going faster then him, but as I got closer to a stop sing we were both going about the same speed. The van in front of me, who was now past this dumb mother ****er, stopped at the stop sign, with her signal on and made a left turn. This dumb mother ****er ran the stop sign and just T-boned the van. He hit the van pretty hard, he fell over and started ranting and raving that he is hurt and is going to sue. He got up and he didn't look hurt to me. I had stopped my car in the intersection and turned on my emergency lights and got out. The guy was still ranting and raving. I said something like, "shut your ****ing mouth *******, I saw the whole thing and it was 100% your fault". The driver of the van called the cops and I had to go, so I gave her my info. There was a guy in front of his house on the corner. I talked to him and I asked him if he could make sure the dumb mother ****er didn't leave, and I was off to the office. Un****ing believable!! I'm sure I'll be giving a statement soon.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
36,951 Posts
So, I was driving in a residential area. There was a little traffic, I wasn't going very fast. There was a guy riding a very cheap MTB on the left side of the road, which means the wrong side of the road against traffic, with no helmet. My first thought was, "what a dumb mother ****er". At first I was going faster then him, but as I got closer to a stop sing we were both going about the same speed. The van in front of me, who was now past this dumb mother ****er, stopped at the stop sign, with her signal on and made a left turn. This dumb mother ****er ran the stop sign and just T-boned the van. He hit the van pretty hard, he fell over and started ranting and raving that he is hurt and is going to sue. He got up and he didn't look hurt to me. I had stopped my car in the intersection and turned on my emergency lights and got out. The guy was still ranting and raving. I said something like, "shut your ****ing mouth *******, I saw the whole thing and it was 100% your fault". The driver of the van called the cops and I had to go, so I gave her my info. There was a guy in front of his house on the corner. I talked to him and I asked him if he could make sure the dumb mother ****er didn't leave, and I was off to the office. Un****ing believable!! I'm sure I'll be giving a statement soon.
Don't hold back on your thoughts, give it to us straight. ;)

·
2,886 Posts
Back in the day, it was easier to spot the drunks who had lost their licenses and the homeless guys by the upturned handlebars on their 10 speeds, now though, they are far more stealthy on the wallyworld mtbs. Start bike commuting to work, you'll see your share of bike related entertainment like this on a regular basis.

·
Registered
12,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wonder if he caused any damage to the van that he's responsible for.

I'm just glad you're ok:D
Oh yeah, big dent. And ummm I wasn't involved in the accident, just a witness. Although, it's a frightening though that I have to share this planet with someone that is that stupid.

·
Tossin the salad.
737 Posts
Ok, so we know the bike rider was on a 26er. Was he at least wearing any fox gear for an awesome show?

·
Reluctant Tree Hugger
570 Posts
Was he going uphill? Or Downhill? That determines right of way.

·
Kick Start My Heart
580 Posts
A case of Strava! perhaps?
Maybe the van did not hear him yell out to clear the intersection as he attempted a PR?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 50 Posts