Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing my first mountain bike and for whatever reason I am drawn to the Specialized bikes espeically the Stumpjumper (more than I want to spend) and the Rockhopper.

I keep looking at others such as the Cannondale Trail SL, GF Cobia, GT Zaskar, Haro etc, but like I said I keep coming back to my local Specialized shop!

Here is the deal.... I like the 2010 Rockhopper 29er, but after posting on the 29er forum many people say that the components are not good at all. The 2010 Rockhopper that I am considering is the Rockhopper Expert Disc 29. It has the Dart 3 shocks, Tektro hydraulic disc brakes, etc.

I would like to get a bike that has better parts such as BB7 brakes or Juicy 3's or 5's, Rock Shox Tora, Shimano XLR etc. I was really hoping that I could score a 2009 with such components for around $1,000, but NONE of the shops that I go to have the '09 models in! All of the other LBS have a ton of 09 left over at GREAT deals. Can anyone help me here or give me any wise suggestions?

·
cougarbait
1,783 Posts
what's shimano XLR??
if you mean XTR, there's no way you're getting XTR for under a grand, unless you rob them at gunpoint.

...XTR is over-rated anyways, and especially if it's your first mountain bike you're not going to need anything fancy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.