Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·


I was expecting my new Turner Flux yesterday, but I had to go into work in the morning. This was what I came home to. Turns out my neighbor and riding buddy was out in the driveway and signed for the package. He put two and two together and couldn't wait until I got home to pull the new sled out of the box. I was a little steamed at first, but it was hard to stay mad when I laid my eyes on this:



It didn't take me long to piece everything together and start to fine tune the seating and handlebar positions.



I haven't had time to start dialing in the fork and shock settings yet (it's supposed to rain for the next week straight). In the meantime, here are a few more pics next to my previous favorite set of wheels:



 

Attachments

·
WIRVNTANASHRSH?
Joined
·
228 Posts
SWEEEEEET! I'm expecting the same frame in a few weeks. can't wait!

Let us know how the 07 Fox rides. Your bike looks great, but I still wish they wouldn't have made the F series white this year.

climr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the final build specs:

Frame: '06 Large Flux (Burnt Orange)
Fork: Fox F100 RLC
Brakes: Avid Juicy 7
Shifters: SRAM X.0 Trigger
Front Der: Shimano XT M761
Rear Der: SRAM X.0 (long cage)
Cranks: Shimano XT M760
Cassette: Shimano XT M760 11-34
Chain: SRAM PC-991
Headset: Chris King (Black)
Stem: Thomson X4 110 mm (Black)
Handlebars: FSA K-Force Carbon Lo-Rise
Grips: ODI Ruffian Lock-on
Cables: Shimano
Seatpost: Thomson Elite 410 mm (Black)
Saddle: WTB Laser V Team
Pedals: Eggbeater SL
Wheels: Mavic XM 819 Disc 32h
Hubs: Chris King ISO Disc 32h (Black)
Spokes: DT Swiss Competition 14/15 gauge (Black)
Nips: DT Swiss Brass 2.0 (Black)
Skewers: Hope stainless (Black)
Tires: WTB WeirWolf 2.1 UST

Total weight on the bathroom scale is 27.2 lbs.

Observant Homers might notice that the Hope skewers aren't on the bike yet. They were backordered and are still en route. Competitive Cyclist did a great job getting the bike to me in time to ride it on the 4th and sent the bike with Shimano skewers. Again, I have to give them public thanks for working with me so well and for turning out such a fine final product.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
climr said:
SWEEEEEET! I'm expecting the same frame in a few weeks. can't wait!

Let us know how the 07 Fox rides. Your bike looks great, but I still wish they wouldn't have made the F series white this year.

climr
I'll post a review once I've got a chance to dial everything in. I agree. The ONLY thing I don't like so far is that the fork isn't black. Guess I'll just have to go get it muddy. :D

Btw, if you haven't seen it yet, the burnt orange looks EXCELLENT in person.
 

·
WIRVNTANASHRSH?
Joined
·
228 Posts
TLud said:
I'll post a review once I've got a chance to dial everything in. I agree. The ONLY thing I don't like so far is that the fork isn't black. Guess I'll just have to go get it muddy. :D

Btw, if you haven't seen it yet, the burnt orange looks EXCELLENT in person.
hmmm... custom painted (or powdercoated) 07 Fox.. sounds like a plan to me.
 

·
3 "fiddy" for short
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I think that the white fork looks pretty darn good. Call it a change of pace from all of the other setups. :thumbsup: None the less, NICE build!!!!
 

·
gravity curmudgeon
Joined
·
1,502 Posts
Nice bike. I love seeing more color showing up. Orange looks great! :D

BTW, I can honestly say that if a neighbor opened a package of mine, it would not be pretty. Not to mention that is plain and simple illegal.:nono:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm stoked about the bike, but not about the weather down here right now. It's been dry as a bone all year down here in Texas, but as soon as I get my dream bike, it rains for a week straight.

I was a little teed off at my buddy at first, but I just got him back a few minutes ago. :madmax:

The white (actually, it's an off-white color) front fork is starting to grow on me a little bit. I'll just keep it as is. Down the road, when I start with the upgrades, I'll probably put a new fork on it and get the rear triangle painted.

Climr, yes, there are only two brake line mounts on my bike. I myself was wondering if there shouldn't be a third one...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cowDawg said:
Nice bike. I love seeing more color showing up. Orange looks great! :D

BTW, I can honestly say that if a neighbor opened a package of mine, it would not be pretty. Not to mention that is plain and simple illegal.:nono:
My girlfriend was over at my place so that she could sign for the package when it got there. She let him open it up. I was more upset with her than my neighbor. Her logic was that he's got a remote for my garage and comes over to use my tools and other stuff all the time. We're always working on each other's bikes, so she didn't think it would be a big deal, which it wasn't in the end.
 

·
WIRVNTANASHRSH?
Joined
·
228 Posts
TLud said:
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm stoked about the bike, but not about the weather down here right now. It's been dry as a bone all year down here in Texas, but as soon as I get my dream bike, it rains for a week straight.

I was a little teed off at my buddy at first, but I just got him back a few minutes ago. :madmax:

The white (actually, it's an off-white color) front fork is starting to grow on me a little bit. I'll just keep it as is. Down the road, when I start with the upgrades, I'll probably put a new fork on it and get the rear triangle painted.

Climr, yes, there are only two brake line mounts on my bike. I myself was wondering if there shouldn't be a third one...
the white is starting to grow on me a little too now that I keep looking at it. So does anyone know what is up with the brake line mounts? It seems like three are needed to keep the line in place. The one I saw was a medium, could it be size dependent? Was this a mid year change.. maybe I should search... Of course you can always add a stick on mount if it bothers you, but I'd rather have it there stock.
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
awsome t! totally awsome! im so stoked for you and climr's incomming. both of you have been cool enough to help me out recently so the karma was bound to follow ya. nice that comp cyc was able to pull one out of their butts for ya in record time. thats says alot for their c.s. as it musta been a helluva effort to make that happen.
 

·
Lay off the Levers
Joined
·
10,127 Posts
:rolleyes: Man that's a gorgeous bike. I dig the kit too. CC did a stellar job packing it btw.
Your buddy didn't do you too bad... Y'know how one thing leads to another... first out of the box, then on the bench...next thing y'know it's all dressed up and getting ridden, all before you get home. Come to think of it, some ppl have lost SO's that way.... but I'm sure you have nothing to worry about...:rolleyes: :yesnod: :rolleyes:
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
another thought. kick yer buddys ass for clampin a alloy frame in a workstand. lame! this is somethin that should never, never, ever be done for any reason whatsoever. period. hope i was able to make my point.

so, what did ya do to get him back? you must tell the story.

edit: im really startin to dig the white fork. just noticed the matchin crown. now im thinkin to myself, how cool would it look with some silver bits up top rather than the black? hmmmmm.....
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top