Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Master of the Face Plant
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a crack in my 99 Mantra Comp. The shop I bought it from no longer sales Trek or Klein. Anybody know where I can get a swingarm for this? I hear Trek may be willing to give me credit towards a new frame. I have all the original paperwork but the reciept is missing and the shop where I bought it is under new ownership and has been less than helpful. Any ideas? Could it be repaired?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would take your Mantra to a different dealer. Any Trek dealer should be okay with handling this situation. Trek is a great company to work with, but your warranty (if they deem there is a warranty issue) is only as good as the dealer you are working with. Good luck!

·
Master of the Face Plant
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
catmanz440 said:
I would take your Mantra to a different dealer. Any Trek dealer should be okay with handling this situation. Trek is a great company to work with, but your warranty (if they deem there is a warranty issue) is only as good as the dealer you are working with. Good luck!
I am gonna take it in this weekend. I will let you know how it goes. There are 2 trek dealers here so if I strike out at one I will try the other. What have I got to lose?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.