Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is all your fault. Not paid for yet, how the heck am I to explain this to the Mrs.'s??

Expect to hear from her!! ;) :thumbsup: :p

(*07 Specialized Crosstrail 2-9er!-Yeah, another crappy phone camera pic...)

Attachments

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
nice bike dawg .... i gotta get a subscription to some mtn bike magazines again im not up on the current stuff at all i didnt even know specialized was making 29s

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Wecome to big wheels. Let's see some clear pics.

Yep,you got some 'splain'n to do...:p

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're just thinking of my evil twin, or I was feeling sick, yeah that's it!!

Sick, or better yet, drunk, yeah, yeah that'll also explain the fuzzy picture, yeah!!

No 'splainin needed...

"I deny any wrongdoing, there is no such evidence present that can prove any form of infidelity. I did not.."

Crud, sorry, bit of a Bill Clinton flashback there. ;)

I only tried it out, no money yet. I wanted to see if all the hype was valid. I think I'm gonna keep the bank account safe for a bit, to buy the family truck first.

*I did like it enough to warrant the idea of building up a 29'er wheelset to throw on the Surly though. I just feel I'd really be taking a big cheating leap, first from singlespeed to gears, and then of all blasted things, a 29'er bike.

Sheesh, I dunno, maybe the rep or Francis will convince me otherwise.

(As in yo Matt and Francis!! Whatcha got fo me?)

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,847 Posts
francois said:
Puleaze. Specialized denies the existence of their 29er bikes. They classify this thing as a hybrid bike.

fc
I thought that's what 29ers were:idea:
hybrids on steroids!
Do ya think Curtis would be mad if I started telling everyone that my Retrotec was a hybrid? It does get a lot of paved miles 'tween home and the trailhead!

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Baycat said:
Read this or maybe I am dreaming...

Cant you convert the Surly 1x1 to a 29er with some modest tinkering?
Yeah, that's what i'm thinking. I duno if it'll work with the Talas Fork and 45's though. Then Again, I could rethink of how I'm gonna build the new Lime Green 1x1 I have gathering dust, waiting to get parts off of the black one, while I upgradr the crankset, etc...

Francis, I don't care how they classify it, I am actually, honestly impressed, and I'm usually the skeptic!! It's one of the first mid level 29" wheeled bikes that I've ridden that didn't handle like crud.

What's the possibility of a loaner I can get into some dirt, rather than something I can only play on since it's for stock??

Please, please, please. I'd return the favor, you know that.

·
Banned
4,137 Posts
francois said:
Puleaze. Specialized denies the existence of their 29er bikes. They classify this thing as a hybrid bike.

fc
:lol:

I was going to say... "Francois" is NOT responsible for that."

Congrats on the new ride anyway! You will have a good time with it.

:thumbsup:

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,847 Posts
stripes said:
Awww.. man, I wish I knew about this. I would ride a big wheel again if they made 'em in my size. :D Nothing skidded out like one, and they were great to ride down a steep grassy hill into a fence as fast as you can..

Which 'splains a lot about me.. :crazy:
South Park Dr is no grassy hill... only place I've ever been over 55 on my road bike. I had to sit up and ease on the brakes... I got scared!

Damn that big wheel race woulda been fun to watch!...

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:) Big wheels...

Nice one Stripes!! Mine was bombing streets and trails in/around Pacifica, Manor Drive, Oceana, etc, then the final straw, the Briar (Berry) Patches that used to be towards the bottom of Higgins Drive, South Pacifica/Linda Mar. If i remember right, that was about the time my parents got me onto my 20"er, so I .."wouldn't be so reckless..." Parents are so obliviously trusting sometimes, huh.. :D :p :rolleyes:

Velocipus, yeah, bit of a steep street, I was clocked around the same, 56-57, on my slalom bike. Cop was more interested in what I was rolling, over the ticket he was supposed to give. :)

Now back to the matter at hand, I really wanna see what all this Niner hype's about!! Anyone have a bike we can trade off for a bit with, or a set of wheels to try??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.