Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
...soon to be sith lord..
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In March of '06 I purchased a Rush 600 and my '04 Specialized Rockhopper began its new life as a single bike...a single speed bike that is. SInce March I have put no more than 350 miles on the Rush, most of which are from 12 & 24 hour races I did, but the newly converted ss seemed to the steed I reached for most when going out for a ride.

So after almost a year, I've decided to give up the Rush, not because I don't like it, but because I just don't give it the attention it needs. It's been a noble steed, gutting out my first ever 24 hour race with me and keeping me safe in the mountains at 3 a.m. I won't be completely leaving the Cannondale community as my '99 R900 road bike gets plenty of mileage in the summer months.

As for the Rockhopper ss, it will be cannibalized and some parts will be used to build a new steel ss, whittling my stable down to just two bikes and freeing up much needed room in my 2 BR townhouse.

·
Registered
232 Posts
As a Rush and SS rider, I can see you dilemma. I ride my SS around campus, on errands, and on easy to ride to trails. My Rush gets to work on my weekend trips to the mountains. On another note, I would be interested in your Rockhopper frame if you need to get ride of it.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would be interested to sell it to you, although you may have to wait for a while because

a) I haven't sold the rush yet to fund this ss project
b) Whilst building the new steed I'll need a bike to ride, so the Rockhopper would be it

Are wanting just the frame or the whole shebang?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Frame, fork, headset, and seatpost preferably. Also I go to school at Emory & Henry so if you would like to meet for a ride and talk about it then, that would be easy enough to do.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meeting for a ride would be cool. We usually do a night ride at Warrior's Path State Park on Friday nights if you wanna come out for one of them. Usually there are anywhere between 3 and 15 people that show up, just depends on the weather.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
879 Posts
obi_twan_kenobe said:
In March of '06 I purchased a Rush 600 and my '04 Specialized Rockhopper began its new life as a single bike...a single speed bike that is. SInce March I have put no more than 350 miles on the Rush, most of which are from 12 & 24 hour races I did, but the newly converted ss seemed to the steed I reached for most when going out for a ride.

So after almost a year, I've decided to give up the Rush, not because I don't like it, but because I just don't give it the attention it needs. It's been a noble steed, gutting out my first ever 24 hour race with me and keeping me safe in the mountains at 3 a.m. I won't be completely leaving the Cannondale community as my '99 R900 road bike gets plenty of mileage in the summer months.

As for the Rockhopper ss, it will be cannibalized and some parts will be used to build a new steel ss, whittling my stable down to just two bikes and freeing up much needed room in my 2 BR townhouse.
Tell me about it. I have a Rush 800 and since I bought it last June it has mostly been used as a heavy duty road bike. I'd really like to get some good use out of it, but unfortunately I don't have much time. It is nice having an FS bike just for the comfort, though. This SS project sounds like fun. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.