·
Registered
445 Posts
Help, You Bet

ionsmuse said:
Let me know if I can help.

:D
Dave

Thanks, If you wouldn't mind, I will put some ideas down on paper and run them by you...
So as not to side track this thread I could contact you through your blog?

Marshal

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Solo said:
I have an XL Raleigh XXIX on order that's going to have WTB Dirt Drops and Road Avids applied this weekend with any luck.

Then I will flirt with the idea of riding the Ouachita Challnge on it in April. :)
Not to be picky, I have an Inbred 29er that I run with Midge bars and RL-520 levers and BB-7 discs, but it is not a monster cross. My CrossCheck with 42c Mythos is a Monster Cross, my RMB Sherpa10 with Conti Vapour 52c is a monster cross (techically a touring bike with tons of tire clearance, but frame geo falls in the cross bike measurements). I like the term MoFo Cross coined here about a year ago. ;)

Using a cross, touring, or road frame with bigger than 38c tires (UCI max allowed) in the dirt is a monster cross. :thumbsup: Otherwise it is a drop bar mountain bike. :rolleyes: They are both tons of fun, but different bikes, MFC or MTB. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ask anyone and you get a different answer

Using a cross, touring, or road frame with bigger than 38c tires (UCI max allowed) in the dirt is a monster cross. :thumbsup: Otherwise it is a drop bar mountain bike. :rolleyes: They are both tons of fun, but different bikes, MFC or MTB. :D[/QUOTE]

I didn't know there was an exact definition, good to know. I think in between a Cross racing bike and Drop bar MTB with over 35c tires, thats the UCI max by the way

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
midtnSS said:
I didn't know there was an exact definition, good to know. I think in between a Cross racing bike and Drop bar MTB with over 35c tires, thats the UCI max by the way
That definition was ageed upon some time ago in this tread about monster cross world domination.

Maybe the definition was a tire larger than 36c on a cross / tour / road frame as opposed to mtb frame, I dunno. ;) That seems to be the jump in tires is 32c, 35c, 37/38c from most places. I'm not sure I have seen a 33 or 34 or 36c tire. I'm sure they exist.

I just know I love mine, especially when the rains come and the trails are mucky, I have access to miles of low traffic dirt roads that are rideable. :thumbsup:

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
NEPMTBA said:
What is the widest Tire for monstercross? Frame width is not a concern, lot's of room!
Look here. especially post #4. Not entirely up to date, but a search in the 29er forum will get you there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
slocaus said:
Not to be picky, I have an Inbred 29er that I run with Midge bars and RL-520 levers and BB-7 discs, but it is not a monster cross. My CrossCheck with 42c Mythos is a Monster Cross, my RMB Sherpa10 with Conti Vapour 52c is a monster cross (techically a touring bike with tons of tire clearance, but frame geo falls in the cross bike measurements). I like the term MoFo Cross coined here about a year ago. ;)

Using a cross, touring, or road frame with bigger than 38c tires (UCI max allowed) in the dirt is a monster cross. :thumbsup: Otherwise it is a drop bar mountain bike. :rolleyes: They are both tons of fun, but different bikes, MFC or MTB. :D
Text Interaction Animation Animated cartoon Graphics

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi Merk
Just saw your bike on a repost
Can you give me any info on it?
Especially the stem
Is that a nitto lugged or variation there of?

·
Registered
699 Posts
I've posted this before, but with skinnier tires. I just brought back some new shoes to west africa, and the monster cross has gotten a lot more monstrous. It's really come into its own with these babies. Both have an actual measurement of around 700x47:

Attachments

201 - 220 of 2962 Posts