Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About getting a bigger fork for my 08' 5 Spot. I am on a RS Revelation (air) and like it ... sometimes I want to be more back on my seat for the descents AND more travel too. I live in Denver and ride XC/all mountain. My pack and I weigh about 265 on a good day. What are the suggestions? Or should I Push the thing and be done with it? My biggest complaint is that I have a King front hub/wheel that I like to keep going (keep cost down). So I am kinda on the fence.
Scott

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Scottay5150 said:
About getting a bigger fork for my 08' 5 Spot. I am on a RS Revelation (air) and like it ... sometimes I want to be more back on my seat for the descents AND more travel too. I live in Denver and ride XC/all mountain. My pack and I weigh about 265 on a good day. What are the suggestions? Or should I Push the thing and be done with it? My biggest complaint is that I have a King front hub/wheel that I like to keep going (keep cost down). So I am kinda on the fence.
Scott
Pike. A throughaxle will give you a lot more control and you really don't want to go for more than 520mm a2c on the Spot.

_MK

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
I have a Pike on my Spot. I think it is the best fork for it. If you want to save a couple of ounces (4.7 versus 4.5), wait for the Revelation 140 with Maxle Lite- same A-C height. I have a Float 140 QR on my other bike (8mm lower A-C that the Pike).

With the Pike or Rev 140, you will get a little more slack and your BB will be a bit higher. Plus, you will have the 20mm TA which will make a difference at 265.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.