Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday I was at White Ranch and was coming off the jeep road back to the car and there was a male cyclist on a Spesh Epic coming up the trail with only one leg! Not a prosthetic leg and his real one ..just one leg... the best part is he is flying up this thing about 6 mph i am guessing... has anyone seen this animal?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Scottay5150 said:
Last Saturday I was at White Ranch and was coming off the jeep road back to the car and there was a male cyclist on a Spesh Epic coming up the trail with only one leg! Not a prosthetic leg and his real one ..just one leg... the best part is he is flying up this thing about 6 mph i am guessing... has anyone seen this animal?
I think that was Mike. I don't know him personally but I met him on Sourdough a while back and saw him on Alderfer a couple of months ago. Completely inspirational. I've thanked him more than once for getting my mind right.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yeah, I've seen him around, too, and he is the sickest dude on a bike in the state. He absolutely rips. Last time I saw him clearing the technical section near the top of Mt. Falcon. Truly, truly inspirational.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
We saw a guy in the canyon the other day with both legs gone, prosthetics on BOTH legs-amazing. Not sure how you can balance and ride but he was, he had the biggest smile on his face too-inspiring to say the least.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Might have been Rex as well...he also has only one leg. People like that impress me way more than some XC pro who can do laps around me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.