Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Kiwi that Flew
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Currently have 150mm U-Turn revelation fork – upgrade to Lyrik 160mm Dual Position
2. Currently have stock RP23 shock - Cane Creek Double Barrel Air (you have to dream right?) Or shall I wait for a Turner bike with 165mm of rear travel to be released and splash out for the CCDB then? :cool:
3. Currently have Thomson seatpost– upgrade to Reverb dropper post (stealth??)

Tuesday afternoon daydreamin'

·
Nothing can stop me now
1,045 Posts
1. Currently have 150mm U-Turn revelation fork - upgrade to Lyrik 160mm Dual Position
2. Currently have stock RP23 shock - Cane Creek Double Barrel Air (you have to dream right?) Or shall I wait for a Turner bike with 165mm of rear travel to be released and splash out for the CCDB then? :cool:
3. Currently have Thomson seatpost- upgrade to Reverb dropper post (stealth??)

Tuesday afternoon daydreamin'
Enve rims should be in a dream...

·
bigsbymalone
94 Posts
hans dampf

I wore out a pair of Hans Dampfs in about 60 miles, side and center knobs tearing off. They are nice riding tires though. They are on a Nomad and the trails were not overkill for the bike by any means.

·
Kiwi that Flew
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wore out a pair of Hans Dampfs in about 60 miles, side and center knobs tearing off.
I have been using Nobby Niks and really liking them and thought the HD's would be a better AM tyre as the NN's sidewalls are too light. I was considering conti rubber queens (Trail Kings) that was until I heard good things about the HD's, apart from the short wearing times.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
I have been using Nobby Niks and really liking them and thought the HD's would be a better AM tyre as the NN's sidewalls are too light. I was considering conti rubber queens (Trail Kings) that was until I heard good things about the HD's, apart from the short wearing times.
The Rubber Queens have huge volume, seem to last pretty well, roll nice, and grip well.

I've liked the Hans Dampf I've been running the past 3.5 months. I've got prolly 800-900 miles on them and the rear is definitely pretty worn. The front still looks pretty good though. For the price I'd like to see them last a bit longer.... but other than that, they're the best big volume, trail/am tire I've ever used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.