Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Big Shot now!

The box arrived this afternoon. Four hours later it was 99.99% ready to ride (I need ONE silly little washer for the crank arm bolt).

Big Wheel and I are doing a little trading - design services for the frame, fork, wheels, seatpost.

I had everything else, though some parts are destined to be moved to the VulChester later.

Set it up 1x9: 36 x 11-32.
Profile Racing 185 cranks with an E-thirteen chainwheel.
Eggbeater pedals.
XT medium cage derailleur.
Bar (WTB), stem (cheap), levers (Ultegra) and brakes (Avid road) came straight off my Rocky Mountain.
The fit is PERFECT!

I have ridden it around the parking lot but need that washer before I hit the trail on it.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nat said:
Oh-no-you-didn't! I just sold the Dos Niner today and that very bike of Bigwheel's was on my watch list. Man! Bring it with you on the 15th if you can, hey?
It is the bike I plan to bring for the ride at this point.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
banks said:
Does it still have the Absolute Bikes sticker? We got it for him.

Sweet!!!!!!!!

Scoty
Sorry, no. I would have left it on.

I am looking forward to putting some miles on it. I did spend some time on one of the early 'Shots in the early '90s. It was pretty fun.

·
Registered
804 Posts
What? A Slingshot? Am I the only one who thinks that this is a load of s**t? Where's the cool Chester with the funky geometry? I like Slingshots too, but come on. This is not truely, disgustigly ugly, Shiggy material.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Isn't the chain likely to fall off the ring when running the highest or lowest gears?

Waiting for ride report too, does the spring really give energy back? Does it smooth the trail as a side effect?

·
pepito
640 Posts
awesome. that bike looks like alot of fun. can't wait to see how you shiggify it.

also....you're influence is being felt on these boards. i'm noticing quite a few more offroad drop bar enthusiasts lately, myself included. i tried them out at first just to see what the deal was, and now i'm hooked. i hop back on my mtb with risers, and i feel like i'm going out of control into each corner. anyway, enough rambling. thanks for helping me see the light, so to speak.

the_dude

·
no fat chicks
774 Posts
oooooooooooooooo that bike is so sweet and unusual
i bet there are no other ones like it
what are those bars
what are those rims
what are those cranks
are those prototype tires
you must have all the sweet hookups dude
can i ride with u sometime
maybe u can help me pick out some new tires

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.