Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Ooh! Ooh! Me next, me next!

same thing happened to me, click click click. Three houses down, i figured it out.

last ride I broke not one but TWO spoke nipples, the heads were rolling around my rim!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had a click on my commuter that absolutely sounded like the BB/Hub noise. ... I grab my rack to move the bike and it makes the creak. ended up I had a loose bolt on my rack for my panniers. When I was pedaling it was flexing the frame enough to make that one connection creak. Hours of lubing, disassembly, reassembly, and a new BB all for a loose bolt on my seat stay.
I'm dealing with a creaking noise on my Niner RLT RDO (carbon fiber). From day one its had a creak to it. I've torqued everything to spec, I greases, uncreased, carbon grip pasted, swap saddle and seat posts, crank arms and even crank spindles. Niner has shipped me a new bottom bracket... its the last thing to try before sending the bike back. The concern is that there's a issue with the frame. It only creaks when I'm pedaling, standing or seated. Niner has been good to me, and seems willing to do what it takes to make the bike right. I just want one ride where I don't hear the creaking coming from my bike.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts