·
the catalan connection
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this too much to ask for? I can´t find any....:confused:

·
Tech geek and racerboy
651 Posts
Sorry dude, I think you may be out of luck to be completely honest. I have an old Answer Carbolite that weights about 189g and it's a sweet post, but they haven't made them for at least three years and don't have any left. Since Schwinn stopped making the Homegrown in 2001, I don't think may frame makers have used 26.8 for a really long time, so not too many seatpost manufacturers still make posts in that size. Bummer.

·
the catalan connection
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks all
that´s something ! But I´m afraid the USE don´t have enough setback compared with the race face I have now. They state 10 mm, and the race face is more like 20 if not 25.

I´m almost sure my options would increase if could use a 350 (maybe a Thomson masterpiece, maybe not even that...) but if you look at the pic I attach, I haven´t got much room for mistakes; well, properly speaking, variations between manufacturer measurment standards and such...

Just see how close to my limit height would get the stop mark of the seatpost if this same Race Face was 350 (caliper is set to 50 mm and left end points where seat tube ends)I would have roughly 8mm left, In the pic is the dist between the right of the caliper and the "max height" mark on the seatpost shaft
If I get a 350 from another manufacturer I could easily be in trouble

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
There is no 26.8 Masterpiece in 350mm to the best of my knowledge. There is also no Elite in 26.8 350mm with setback either.

Your choices are very limited.

What frame do you have? If I were you, I would have the tube reamed if that were at all possible and then run a 27.2.

If not, use what you have and save weight other places until you get a different frame.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
A 350mm post would suit you fine. You'd still have 105-110mm of post in the frame, which is *plenty.* Check how far down your seattube goes before the interal walls recide - post any further down that this is doing absolutely nothing.

You're still going to have trouble finding a post though, the only ones I can think of (Thomson and Use) don't have enough offset.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Hardtailforever said:
Since Schwinn stopped making the Homegrown in 2001, I don't think may frame makers have used 26.8 for a really long time, so not too many seatpost manufacturers still make posts in that size. Bummer.
Many steel frames use this size. It's a standard ID of a of one standard tube.

My Redline Monocog 29er uses that size.

·
the catalan connection
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It´s a Blizzard. Aren´t all Rockyes 26.8 ?
I know that´s not a ww frame at all, but I like it so much. I´m trying to let it under 11 kg without spending tt much. Now is 11.4
Specs are
17.5 rm blizzard
Fox 100rlt (21cm steerer)
ritchey crappy headset (something I will swap soon, saving weigth or not)
xt :crank, 11-32, 160 centerlock rotors, chain and front der (bottom swing)
xtr :hubs,dual c, calipers and rear der
goodridge steel fittings and hose, gore ride on shifting gear
717 disc rims and straight spokes(32) and loong brass nip'ples that are goint to be swaped to supercomps and alloy nipples for a saving a little under 200 gms at 60 euros....not bad!)
syntace stem, wcs alum handlebar, wcs foam grips
Race Face crbon seatpost(400) by the way,is 250 gms and selle san marco aspide
Normaly use nokkian nbx lite , but like the seracs much more, with regular tubes

As I said I´m not really obsessed with weight, I wouldn´t have bought that frame to start with, but I sure like to go lighter when I can. I will replace a part to boost performance or for saving weight...If both happen at the same time, much better! If not, I don´t care much adding weight (like with the Fox ) and then try taking it away from somewhere else as soon as I can.
I admit some ww rush takes on me sometimes and get a exotic part...like the syntace stem. But I think I have it under control:rolleyes:

·
the catalan connection
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PuddleDuck said:
Talk to James at Black Sheep (a custom builder). He should be able to whip one up for you in Ti.
:thumbsup: and you pay for it !

as Some Guy said I´m probabaly sticking with what I have....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Probably best to stay

with what you have.

Moots do a 380mm 28.6 layback post. I think the layback on the 28.6 is 16mm. I have a 380mm 27.2 and the layback to 19mm weight is 232gms.

There's not much saving to be had there over your current post.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My cove uses a 26.8 and I got a 26.8 Thomson Setback off ebay for like $30 couple months ago. A silver 26.8 elite just sold on there for $36 not set back but a good price wish I would've bought it then I could sell you my setback. I say look on the ebay to find one it'll pop up there eventually.

BTW could you post some pictures of you blizzard, I sure do love those bikes and if I could only find a good deal on a black and white one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts