Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
i am new to this board. I discovered it while researching a paper for school. I was wondering if those of you who ride in Flag (particularly in the Dry Lake Hills/Mount Elden Recreation Area) might be interested in participating in a hypothetical poll to help me with some research. I have created a poll on survey monkey. It�s just a few questions. Any information gathered will be used only to support a paper and no personal information will be disclosed.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8QBW2VL

thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it is for an English paper (Rhetorical Writing), but I needed some data in addition to secondary sources. I always try to do something local for my papers, and mountain biking seemed like something interesting to write about. It has been really intersting to see how different places around the country view mountain bike use.

I appreciate you taking the time to take the poll. Thank You :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, everyone, who responded to this poll. Your assistance was invaluable!

It will remain up until the 22nd.

·
Registered
7,756 Posts
Thank you, Rockman.
I used that survey as a source as well.
Roger that. Completed your poll. Just some additional info. With regards to an adopt-a-trail program in Flagstaff, the Flagstaff Ranger District isn't really interested. It takes time and resources to manage such a program. The Red Rock District in Sedona had a program of sorts for awhile which was somewhat successful but it fizzled. As I understand it, some showed and actually worked on trails that they had agreed to adopt and others didn't show or the FS wasn't happy with the work.

An alternative program that we were able to negotiate the FS in Flag is the Trail Fairies. This group of now 6 individuals have volunteer agreements that allow them to work unsupervised on agreed-upon projects and maintenance. So not necessarily adopting a trail per say but last year we worked on Sunset, Secret, Schultz, and Roger's Lake connector but most of the focus has been on building new trail as part of the Little Elden-Heart Trail realignment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts