Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Seems okay, quality looks to be decent. As for the claim of ultralight, they show the 31.6mm x 400mm post weight to be 178g, by comparison a similar post from XMIplay is 195g so it appears to be pretty light. The XMIplay post would be a bit cheaper though. A more expensive Easton EC90 has a weight of 220g and cost nearly 2X so it looks like you found a good post that is light weight at a good price. I'd say give it a try.

·
The perfessor
806 Posts
- careful, I had a Hylix CF rigid fork.....everything seemed fine until I was casually checking it for any problems and found a chunk of CF missing from the steerer inside the frame.........scary.....other than that, no cracks or anything - I've still got it in case someone comes up with CF "filler" that I can use to fix it.........

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have one on my Chinese frame SS. I weigh 195. Seems well made but I don't have more than 5 miles on it so far. We'll see.

·
Just ride!
324 Posts
I've had a hylix post on my MTB and road bikes for 2 plus years, the one bolt model. The MTB one crapped out due to the one bolt design not being robust enough for hard xc riding.

The same design on the road bike has been stellar.

Bottom line, the post has been great, but the the clamp design sucked.

The post you posted has a new/different design, a two bolt Thomson style clamping mechanism. That change could be a huge upgrade on the old style.

Be warned, shipping from the Chinese ebay sellers can be very slow. The first one I ordered took 4 weeks to arrive. The second one was three.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts