Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Fox Float RLC finally had a seal puke it's oil. I took it apart, and everything still looked good except for the seals. It's a three yr old fork and the outside was starting to look a little rough. The stickers were scratched and the paint had some scuffs and cable rub. Time for an overhaul.

I went with enduroseals for the seals. The coating was done by Lonestar Outdoor in Uvalde Tx. They scuff prepped, and shot a base primer coat. The camo coating is a water release film. Final coat is a matte clear coat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Renegade said:
Beechnut, that is a very cool looking finish. May I ask what the total cost of that was? [ not including the seal work] Thanks.
I tore the fork down to parts myself, and peeled the stickers. Lonestar Outdoor in Uvalde did all the paint prep, coating, and paint. They charged $75+s/h. I think they ate it a little on cost since they ended up dipping it twice.

Lone Star Outdoor
Uvalde, Tx
800-950-8516, ask for Miles

Needless to say, they're not used to doing bike forks. It would have probably been less if I could have taken the stanchions and steer tube out of the crown. I let them mask everything off, and trusted them to take care of everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.