Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Happy Mojo Rider
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode the Hydrocut with a buddy today for the first time and it was an amazing ride. Hats off to the Waterloo Cycling Club for building an amazing trail that flows and it well marked plus they have made it one way. Great place to ride and the parking lot was full but we only encountered 2-3 riders. We wanted to go riding but didn't want to deal with cottage country traffic so we decided to go west instead and I am so glad we did. Can anyone else recommend something like the hydrocut that is out that way?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yepper, the name has actually changed to reflect the effort and control by the WCC and the official name now is WCC.

I am a London MTB Club member but I know with the effort they have put in the trail, the red tape and just letting people know about the Trail, they should get full credit.

WCC Trails it is!!

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Yep, Hydrocut is my second most favourite place to ride and Puslinch is my first. Put them together in a day and you're setting yourself up for endless smiling! :thumbsup:

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
On Saturday, we made the short trip out to Hydrocut for a quick boot. We hadn't been in a couple of months (busy racing season and all... :) ) and WOW, I love all the new enhancements! It's pretty much a perfect trail system at this point!!! :eek:

It's always been a great place to ride but now I love it so much more. New signage, new trails, new berms... so amazing! Well done WCC! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
340 Posts
yet to make a trip there...

This year we didn't have the chance to go there but Hydrocut is one of our all time favorite..

Such a nice and flowy system with the well planned climbs I would say it was perfect as it was..

I can't wait to check out the changes; maybe next weekend.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I discovered the WCC this year dispite living 10 minutes away my entire life. I rode it once, and was hooked. I bought a 06 Stumpy and barley use my road bike anymore.

I ride it 3-4 times a week and really prefer the pines side to the landfill side.

P.S anyone using the pines parking lot use caution, you cross some poorly marked highspeed train tracks and a man in a dumptruck was hit and killed less than 2 months ago

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
BlackCanoeDog said:
Read lots about Hydrocut on here, but I never see any pics!! Some dude or dudette over there must own a camera...no!?!? :D
I think racergurl's been mooching off your pics for long enough. She practically lives next door to Hydrocut. Time to step up! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
BlackCanoeDog said:
Read lots about Hydrocut on here, but I never see any pics!! Some dude or dudette over there must own a camera...no!?!? :D
There are also lots of vids on youtube. enjoy

·
Registered
638 Posts
garage monster said:
I think racergurl's been mooching off your pics for long enough. She practically lives next door to Hydrocut. Time to step up! :D
I would love to share my pics I took on Saturday there but I don't know how to post them.

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
WCC is a fun place to ride. But one place that needs to be mentioned that doesn't get on here is the Bike Park.

When I was in Waterloo in the Spring I was there playing around all Sunday morning. And the place was in constant use. lots of kids the majority.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yes McLellan park (sp) in KW is great and came about because of the great relationship that WCC built with the city of Waterloo.

Kudo's, not my slice of pie but I have ridden it (the IMBA conference weekend) and liked it but mortgage and such reduces the chances I am willing to take, that and bone sget brittle after 30 I am told!

KIN

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
where is the trail head for hydro cut and how many km of trail are there?
sounds like something my wife and I have to check out.
would we get lost going on our own or is it clearly marked.

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
All the information you need is right on the WCC Site. Plus, there's a handy Trail Status window you can check to see if the trails are open for riding (ex: closed yesterday due to rain). :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts