Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When: December 20th, 3:30 PM

Snow Cover: 2-3", soft/crusty

Verdict: Experienced/dedicated snow riders will have a good time; others not so much.

I decided to break up my Xmas shopping with a quick jaunt through Hydrocut. There's a lot more snow up there than in Dundas!

It was a good but taxing ride. I turned around at The Bride (the climbs on Frankenstein would have been impossible) and threw in a loop around Bypass. Total ride time was less than an hour and a half.

One other rider had been out ahead of me (judging from the tracks, on a 26er with a Fire front and a Nokian rear?) and, I'm guessing from the number of footprints, probably struggled a bit.

Not enough snow yet for skis or snowshoes but I'd say that's only one good snowfall away.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
garage monster said:
When: December 20th, 3:30 PM

Snow Cover: 2-3", soft/crusty

Verdict: Experienced/dedicated snow riders will have a good time; others not so much.

I decided to break up my Xmas shopping with a quick jaunt through Hydrocut. There's a lot more snow up there than in Dundas!

It was a good but taxing ride. I turned around at The Bride (the climbs on Frankenstein would have been impossible) and threw in a loop around Bypass. Total ride time was less than an hour and a half.

One other rider had been out ahead of me (judging from the tracks, on a 26er with a Fire front and a Nokian rear?) and, I'm guessing from the number of footprints, probably struggled a bit.

Not enough snow yet for skis or snowshoes but I'd say that's only one good snowfall away.
you're just like the "MAN TRACKER" of mountain biking:smilewinkgrin:

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
egggman said:
Ride the cut often? You from out this region? Pretty sure I saw you pre-winter wow and commented on how you were providing the daily Trials entertainment :)
Yep,that was me. I live in Dundas, about 45 minutes south on highway 8.

We ride Hydrocut around once a month. I was last there the week following the WOW on my CX bike getting ready for the Subway Cross (managed to ride darn-near everything too but opted for the chicken-line on Kamikaze:D).

In the summer, one of my favourite things to do with a day is ride Hydrocut in the morning, eat lunch and ride Puslinch in the afternoon. :)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Mantracker,........I love that show!

Sucks about the snow out at the 'cut. Maybe some nice freezing rain will pack it all down into a slick fest of ice. Some snow on top of that would be even better.

Drew

·
Registered
388 Posts
The trails are in better shape on the west side. It gets more hiker traffic and the trails are better sheltered. The double-track leading in is often icy so be careful if you're not riding on studs.

The WCC has a new website and seems pretty good about updating trail conditions.http://www.waterloocyclingclub.ca/forum/9

Riding should be good tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts