Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay.
So looking at hydro line ratings for hydraulic discs - there doesn't seem to be much difference in ratings. Heck - my hands are never going to be able to generate the sort of power required to burst the line, so why do higher quality lines (Goodridge etc) seem to alter the feel so much?

·
TranceX Rider
948 Posts
Great question, Stun! Was thinking of joining the bandwag0n... But my regular hydro lines are still holding up well.. Anyone knows why should we go with the flow? I'm in the tropics right now.

TIA!

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Most of the time, it is because the system has just been freshly bled, and you are feeling the benefits. It is argued that once the Goodridge lines have been nice and used, they will expand almost as much as stock lines. Personally, I have not felt much of a difference between stock and braided lines to justify the cost. I do like that the braided lines are more flexible though.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Another "benefit" is looks.. a lot of people get them because they look cool...

One good thing though, is that the Goodridge fittings are reusable (although I don't disassemble my lines enough to see this as an advantage personally)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.