Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone done run one hydro and one mech? I don't see why not although its wierd its only because it takes a long time to save for bike parts and i wanna at least get half the upgrade asap.

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
So do you have a full set of Mechs now? If so, which ones? And, what hydro's are you looking at going to. There are hydros that aren't as good as Avid bb7 Mechs.

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Hmm, I don't have enough experience with either of those to know how they might feel on the same bike. If you're really hurtin' for money the Avid BB7's can be had for under $200 a set and have some serious stopping power for mechs. Might also shop around for a used set. I sold a set of Hope Mini's a few months back for $150 and they had Motul fluid in them and some good pad life left.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont want another pair of mechs. Just wondering if anyones ran a setup like that..itd only be for a month. thanks for the advice

·
-> SickLines.com <-
3,196 Posts
hayes mechancials dont' really hold water to avid mechanicals in my experience. You'd be better off with a juicy 5 up front and a bb avid mech disc in the back. You should be ok for a month though with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts