Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Hope this is the right spot to post this.

I recently bought a 29er that came with hydro disc brakes. The bike was setup nicely to my spec and everything was great...Until it was pulled off my trunk. Apparently the brake line under the frame was caught on the trunk mount when the bike was pulled off my car. The clips came off that hold the line to the frame.:madman:

At first, I noticed the rear wheel not spinning freely so I immediately checked and noticed both sides of the pads were hitting the rotor (like when squeezing the brake lever). Also, there is no more pull on the lever; the lever is already "hard" to pull in. My front brake feels soft at first then it slowly gets harder until it locks up the wheels (just like how my rear brake lever was before this incident). The rear one is super stiff and the slightest pull will lock them up.:madmax:

After squeezing the lever a couple times pretty hard, the wheel is now moving more freely, but still has slight dragging on both sides and the brake lever is still stiff.:eekster:

I figured since they are hydro, there wont be any cables that pull to "activate" the brake so it cant be that.:confused:

Now.............................................................................................

My question is, "How can I fix this?"

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you, took it to my lbs and they said it needs to be bleed.

going to try and reset the piston and caliper alignment first to see if itll fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts