Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm spec'ing out a setup for a new xc race bike and need a little help. i've narrowed it to two brake/shifter combinations:

1. magura marta sl levers and calipers and sram x0 triggers.
2. xtr 965 integrated brake/shifters w/ xtr calipers

weights for the magura setup are pretty easy to figure out from the weightweenies site:
345g for front lever/hose/fluid/caliper/rotor/bolts
361 for rear
224 for both shifters (no cables)

i can't seem to figure out how much a compable (levers/hose/fluid/calipers/bolts/rotor) xtr setup would weigh. anyone have good info on that?

barring real numbers, does anyone have a sense that one setup would have a clear weight advantage over the other? by how much?

thanks much.

· Registered
139 Posts
If you go back to weightweenies you'll see there are entries for front and rear XTR systems, 512g and 516g. From the info there this is the whole brake system and a shift lever. Not quite the same thing as the Marta weights, as they presumably include a centrelock rotor, but then the XT 6 bolt is more or less the same weight as one of those.

In conclusion, based on those figures, the complete integrated system is 100g more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.