Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!
I'm having a difficulty adjusting Shimano M485. The forks is Recon SoloAir, the hub - Deore Disk, and 6" Shimano rotors. It's all about 4 months old and ~ 1500km.

The problem is not really new: to align to caliper and rotor I have to move the caliper all the way invards, and even then the rotor is sitting very close to inner pad - sometimes it clears the pad, sometimes it just makes a bit of noise and sometimes it slows the wheel from rotating freely. Every time I replace the wheel it is a random result - I guess because the gap is so tiny that even slightest change in axle position makes a difference.

Provided I was clear explaining myself, does anyone have the similar issue and/or can suggest how to deal with it? I'm contemplating putting some thin washers under caliper bracket mounting bolts, thus moving the whole assembly invards - is this the way? I suspect it could be possible to move rotor outwards, but not sure...

The bike in question is Giant Anthem 2

regards
nampla

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
I've spaced a rotor over before, no big deal on a 6-bolt at least, although that's six washers to place, might be easier to space the caliper over depending on mount...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.