Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ss poser
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what other brands have armor straps besides dakines? wimpy, little bungee cords don't count! tks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check out Camelbak's "Mayhem". It's designed to carry armor and has plenty of storage and straps. I have one and I love it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Deuter attack

I have a Deuter attack and am also very happy with it.
It is a very compact pack with integrated back protector and lot's of straps specially for armor.

·
ss poser
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SurfHenk said:
I have a Deuter attack and am also very happy with it.
It is a very compact pack with integrated back protector and lot's of straps specially for armor.
how much was the deuter attack? i can't seem to find a price (nor can i find a dealer locally to try it on). i think at this point it' s between the da kine & camelbak if i can find a mayhem to try on. tks guys!

·
Basura Blanca
1,796 Posts
I thought I saw that Wheelworld had the Camelbak Havoc on sale for ~$40. There's a review on Pinkbike, in case you're unfamiliar with the pack.
- Joe

·
ss poser
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NuMexJoe said:
I thought I saw that Wheelworld had the Camelbak Havoc on sale for ~$40. There's a review on Pinkbike, in case you're unfamiliar with the pack.
- Joe
they must be sold out b/c i can't locate the havoc on ww. tks anyway.

·
ss poser
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, i just got back from the LBS & REI. let me rephrase my question. which brands make smaller packs w/armor straps? the mayhem, chaos & nomad (dakine) were way too big. any suggestions? i thought about having the local cleaners stitch on some straps on my kelty, but am afraid they'd rip off the first time or two i tugged on them. waddaya'll think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts