Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here used the Dakine Session pack? I'd like some information on it, there didn't seem to be many reviews on it. If there are any others like it that you use, suggestions would be great!

·
Did I catch a niner+?
2,957 Posts
I do not ride the Sessions but I do own a Drafter and a Apex and the packs are very well built and can hold a lot. The Apex can hold 3 100oz bladders if I finesse it right. I can carry lunch for 3 (I'm the mule on a SS no less) in it. I can probably carry just my lunch in the Drafter plus a lot more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My next haydration pack will be 100 oz. or better. I have a 70 oz. camelback and it runs out of water way before I run out of trails. I still carry two bottles in addition to the hydration pack.:madman:

·
Ride'n Dirty
144 Posts
I am currently riding with the Mule, I like it a lot as it holds everything I currently need to carry but I would like to upgrade it eventually to be able to carry more like a jacket or clean clothes???

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like the Camelbak, but love the Lezyne, organizing all your tools well and the Androit have enough room to take some spare clothes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just as an alternative for anyone on the budget - I use Coleman hydration pack and I love it. I paid 35$ for it (Target) but it fits my needs great. It fits 2L of liquid and all the tools/accessories I might need (including P&S camera). Bladder don't hold this nasty plasticky aftertaste, and you can easily remove hose from the bladder if you want to replace/clean it (it is threaded w/ o-ring to prevent leaks). It never leaks (unless you don't screw the hose all the way), and has good quality material.
So, if you don't feel like spending 100$ on a hydrapack, go to Target and get it.

·
Ride'n Dirty
144 Posts
I dont think it much matters what one uses, as long as it suits your needs & holds water, its all good. I didnt even know of all these choices when I bought my first Camelbak back in the day.

·
Blue Pig
1,553 Posts
Not sure if I am late to give advice but 2 months ago I bought the Dakine Drafter Pack and it's been nothing but a pleasure to ride with it on my back.

It has room for the following:

1.) Camera
2.) 3L Bladder - I wasn't suppose to get the bladder. When I looked up the bladder and the price for it I was damn well happy with getting it for free!
3.) Tools
4.) Carries helmet - Road/mountain helmet or even full face helmets on the back.
5.) Extra shirt
6.) Two thin rags
7.) Etrex Vista hcx gps - Has protective compartments for hand held gps devices, ipod/mp3, cell phone, or even your keys.

I got mine from ebags for $67 (sale - Bomber style) I think it was just my lucky day. If you look around you can find it for the same price or few dollars more.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Dakine bladders by Hydrapak

I know I'm bringing a thread back from the dead, but doesn't Dakine use Hydrapak reservoirs, which are pretty good?
Yes, currently Hydrapak partners as an OEM with Dakine and they provide their bladders to Dakine.

Previously Dakine used another brand's bladders (I can't remember the name at the moment) and I gather they had some issues.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I know I'm bringing a thread back from the dead, but doesn't Dakine use Hydrapak reservoirs, which are pretty good?
Yes, currently Hydrapak partners as an OEM with Dakine and they provide their bladders to Dakine.

Previously Dakine used another brand's bladders (I can't remember the name at the moment) and I gather they had some issues.
I reckon Dakine previously used reservoirs by Nalgene.

·
boxcar
564 Posts
love my dakine drafter and apex packs. had the apex for years, used daily, for trails and commuting, has held up flawlessly. just got a drafter pack a couple months ago for rides where I didn't want to use the big pack and it holds a lot still and fits perfectly!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ride with a Dakine Nomad. I've had it for about 10 years now. Still looks good, just replace the bladder every couple of years. It also hold a lo of extra stuff including a helmet full face or regular and is 3L.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts