Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am 6’3”, 225, big shouldered. Wear a 44 tall jacket. Usually wearing chest armour.

Few hydration packs I’ve tried were just too small, too tight. Like tying myself in dental floss. Any suggestions for something that might work?

·
Registered
410 Posts
USWEs are nice - they have a larger set of straps for most of their packs that make them fit big guys better. I have the airborne 9 and stock straps fit but are tight. The bigger straps fit perfect and the thing does NOT move. The X style straps are awesome. It is small though with a 3L bladder. But I love it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Am 6'3", 225, big shouldered. Wear a 44 tall jacket. Usually wearing chest armour.

Few hydration packs I've tried were just too small, too tight. Like tying myself in dental floss. Any suggestions for something that might work?
Then you definitely CANT wear a USWE pack!!!
I'm 6', 200 with broad shoulders and there biggest pack does not fit my 44" frame.
I'm currently in the same boat as you trying to find the perfect pack. I have 2 camelback packs and a Nathan. The CB and Nathan work but they are too bulky and heavy or too loose and not for riding a bike. So I'm searching….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have a 52" chest and I can squeeze in the Airborne 9L. With the larger chest straps it fits great. I'll post pics when I get time. I can fit the stock one on but I look like Chris Farley……the larger straps FTMFW.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I'm bigger in the chest and shoulders and my Osprey Raptor works fine when I wear it. I've gone to a hip pack or just bottles for local/normal rides though. Much better without all that stuff on your back. I find that for 10 or less miles i really don't drink much, so I just ditched all the weight. I only wear the pack on longer, unfamiliar rides now.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
What hip pack do you like? And Boomer!!!!! You from Oklahoma?
Sooner!!!

I just run a little Dakine. No bottle or bladder provision. Just keep spares and energy stuff and gopro things when I wear it. I have lived in OK, Tulsa area, since 1994 full time but went to OU in the late 80's. I grew up in the Black Hills of SD, Sturgis to be exact.

·
Registered
410 Posts
So for the USWE packs they do sell a larger size of straps for sure. They run from L to XXL and will fit 41"-55" chests! My ranger 9 fits amazing with these larger straps. This airborne vertical one though is the only one that goes this big. But when adjusted and strapped - it does NOT move! Super comfortable and it is like it becomes a part of you. Super happy now with the larger strap.

·
Registered
222 Posts
So for the USWE packs they do sell a larger size of straps for sure. They run from L to XXL and will fit 41"-55" chests! My ranger 9 fits amazing with these larger straps. This airborne vertical one though is the only one that goes this big. But when adjusted and strapped - it does NOT move! Super comfortable and it is like it becomes a part of you. Super happy now with the larger strap.

View attachment 1943401
I emailed USWE for just that!! And they told me they don't make anything bigger or extra to help.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It's on their website. I ordered what I posted above. Holler if you need me to post the direct link!!
Thanks! I found it, but of course it doesn't work on the Outlander Pro. It will work with the Outlander 3 and Airborne though.
I'm thinking of buying the kit and then cut off the smaller strap and have the new kit sewed on.

Or sell my Pro since it's still never been used and buy a Outlander 3.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.