Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us begin @ about 4:30 and ride well into dark. The pace is a bit much for noobs, but most others will have a blast. We ride hard, then do a trailside beverage stop and repeat. The goods can be a bit difficult to find on your own, but this group ride makes it seamless. This year some land will be lost to development, so come check out some great stuff before its concrete. With easy access to route 9, meeting places are pretty easy to find or send you off to. If you do the entire ride with us you can expect over 20 miles and a good challenge...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newbe in POK -somebody want me to show the Hidepark trails?

Hi, I'm here now in the area for some years, coming from Germany. Heard a lot good stuff about the trails in Hyde Park area. Would somebody of the area freeks show me these trails, saturday or sunday? Evening rides will be difficult for me, as I'm working hard :eek:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weekends I'm usually out of Hyde Park. I suggest you explore Norrie Point in Staatsburg. It's hard to get lost, and it's a fine place to ride. Some Wed.'s I ride there from home. *Warning about Norrie* : There are "devil head" seed pods that are about 1.5 inches with multi points to flat quick. I saw many on low spots on the trail that the ice must've pushed up. Watch out for them.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A few rain drops as we got started, but the 5 of us were able to ride til about 10.
The excavating has just begun across from CIA, running from St. Andrews to Dorsey Lane. Still riding on that side tho...C'mon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts