Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be moving out to Rainier in about a month from Vancouver, WA and wondering if anyone had more information on trails along Hwy 30. I know about Norm's Trails out near Astoria but am curious about trails in the St. Helens, Rainier, and Clatskanie area as well as maybe some across the river in Kelso-Longview. I enjoy anything from XC on my hardtail to Freeride and shuttle runs on my Stinky. Thanks for any info.

·
highly visible
3,282 Posts
Longview, Scappoose

In Longview, Stella/Harmony trails are awesome ... check mtbr's trail reviews section for details.

Scappoose is also a very popular riding area with the PUMP (Portland United Mountain Pedalers) crowd. Haven't ridden there myself, but I've heard it's quite technical and fun. Sign up in the "pumpclub" group at groups.yahoo.com to hook up with them for rides. I believe there are PUMP people who ride there quite regularly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
There's some trails up Rocky Point road just outside of Scappose (heading towards Portland). Single track, there's some stunts, and bridges and things all of which are easily ridable on a hard tail. Just turn off Hwy 30 at Rocky Point Rd, take a left up the hill, and it's the first logging gate on the right.

Hayduke1972 said:
I'm going to be moving out to Rainier in about a month from Vancouver, WA and wondering if anyone had more information on trails along Hwy 30. I know about Norm's Trails out near Astoria but am curious about trails in the St. Helens, Rainier, and Clatskanie area as well as maybe some across the river in Kelso-Longview. I enjoy anything from XC on my hardtail to Freeride and shuttle runs on my Stinky. Thanks for any info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts