Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a pic to compare the smaller HV Air Sleeve that I received from PUSH to the larger sleeve that AM installed. See also this thread to see other recent info posted on this topic.

I had been previously informed by Fox that there are three sleeves available for the RP shocks with different volumes, but I had been under the impression that the ML came with the medium volume sleeve stock. I don't think that this is the case after seeing the sleeve that AM installed and the one that I received from PUSH. It appears that the stock ML sleeve is the smallest volume (no secondary sleeve assembly), the one I received from PUSH is the medium volume (small secondary sleeve assembly), and the one AM installed is the largest volume (large secondary sleeve assembly)--thus the beer keg reference in a previous post.

Both sleeves that AM and I have received are called an XV Sleeve assembly (Xtra Volume) but I believe I have the XV 1 and AM has the XV 2 (don't quote me on this). The point to all this is that now we have three variations to the RP shock to use on the ML. Everyone knows how the stock sleeve rides. There is extensive info from AM on how the XV 2 sleeve rides (thanks bro) and someday I will have details on how the XV 1 sleeve compares.

This, unfortunately, won't be for some time as I live in western Kansas just three hours from Denver and if anyone in the US has paid attention to the weather you've seen that the front range has been getting hammered with winter weather the past three weeks with another system setting up for this weekend. Well, we've had this bad luck also and we're still sitting on the better part of the 32" that fell two weeks ago. Long story short, I don't see any good shake down rides in my future for some time.

Has anyone else installed this XV 1 sleeve that can post some info? Jimmy at PUSH told me that they had sold out of their original inventory due to interest from AM's thread (seems like you ought to get a perk, AM ;) ) so someone has been reading this forum who probably has this sleeve installed by now. Anyone, anyone?

Here's the pic of the XV 1 Sleeve Assembly (I hope this term is correct) I received from PUSH:

Attachments

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
Good stuff pal!

Yea, AM's sleeve does look huge by comparison. The one you have is the same I have on my DHX-A. Sounds like you're going to be loving it on your MotoLite...

That sucks about the snow. I'm chomping at the bit to hear what you think about the extra volume. Get a bigger fork and you may find the Quasi seeing less dirt-time.

mcgrath, where's my DHX air report?

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Just to make it easier on the comparo...

AM's sleeve pic:

and tq's sleeve pic:

does any of the sleeves have a part number or something? maybe that way we can tell them apart easier?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Vx 1

Hey guys,
I think I have the High Volume 1 (VX1) sleeve. Won't know for sure until I get home tonight. The RP3 came off my wifes Blur. It has been a couple months since I have ridden it (after that I used FM's Pushed RP3 and then I haven't ridden since Denver has gotten all this snow). I remember that it was definitely plusher than the standard sleeve but would bottom out occasionally on drop of 2 to 3 feet.

AM, the VX2 must be plush as hell:cool:

Still waiting for the snow to melt to try out the Roco TST:cryin:

chris

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can find no part number on the new sleeve. My invoice from PUSH stated "XV Sleeve Assembly" and had "806-29-070" for the part number but I assume that is for PUSH and not Fox.

·
Tonight we ride.
769 Posts
titusquasi said:
Has anyone else installed this XV 1 sleeve that can post some info?
The medium volume sleeve comes OEM on many bikes, like some from Santa Cruz. I recall some discussions comparing them on other manufacturer forums.

I got the large volume sleeve from Bikerbob, which is the same as the DHX sleeve. I really wanted the AVA, but it's no longer available.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Chris9702l said:
Hey guys,
AM, the VX2 must be plush as hell:cool:

Still waiting for the snow to melt to try out the Roco TST:cryin:

chris
'Plush' doesn't describe it on the keg.... 'coil' does. It's the only way I could match my fork to the rear. When I put the stock sleeve on it feels like it's filled with molasses. Limit's fun factor for drops, but at the moment it's soooo much nicer bombing around. You can really get more speed up in rougher trails. It certainly uses the travel.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
All Mountain said:
'Plush' doesn't describe it on the keg.... 'coil' does. It's the only way I could match my fork to the rear. When I put the stock sleeve on it feels like it's filled with molasses. Limit's fun factor for drops, but at the moment it's soooo much nicer bombing around. You can really get more speed up in rougher trails. It certainly uses the travel.
AM, you could probably have your lbs order you just the outter sleeve, and replace the keg with the pony-keg.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
dulyebr said:
AM, you could probably have your lbs order you just the outter sleeve, and replace the keg with the pony-keg.
Naahhh, all just put the stock sleeve and the Rev back on. Who really needs all that travel and stiffness, and such a tall fork anyways...... you'd think it was some sort of safety blanket for a poseur rider.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
All Mountain said:
Naahhh, all just put the stock sleeve and the Rev back on. Who really needs all that travel and stiffness, and such a tall fork anyways...... you'd think it was some sort of safety blanket for a poseur rider.
you gotta point there, brother.

however, as a poseur myself, I find consistently spending money makes me feel like I'm part of the club.

something to think about...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.