Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running the 2.35 Kenda BG and Nev combo but I wanted to try something lighter like the Nobby Nic until I saw the Spiders on sale at CBO ($12 each). Has anyone tried these tires on a 575 (or any other bike for that matter). It will be for Rocky Mtn riding (climbing and descending rocks and sand)...
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
flipnidaho said:
I've been running the 2.35 Kenda BG and Nev combo but I wanted to try something lighter like the Nobby Nic until I saw the Spiders on sale at CBO ($12 each). Has anyone tried these tires on a 575 (or any other bike for that matter). It will be for Rocky Mtn riding (climbing and descending rocks and sand)...
Thanks!
Spiders are one of my favorite 'allrounder' tire and have a long wearing tread. I am currently using 2.3/2.1 air light non-ust combo (converted to tubeless with stans) on my bike after replacing ust Nevegals front and back. The Spiders roll a bit better but the Nevegals definitely had more traction especially in the sand. Even in hard pack i can't set up my favorite sharp turn to a jump quite as well as i did with the nevegals.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I ran hutchinson's on my 575 for a while and liked them- they're pretty big, sticky and roll nicely. My only complaint was the thin sidewall. They'll tear if you ride hard on sharp rocky terrain. Otherwise, they're a great all around tire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.