Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where you can pick up a 26 x 2.0 Hutchinson Python New Generation Tire? Jenson USA is out of stock. Also, anyone have any experience comparing the new generation python to the Hutchinson Python air lite? Hope the new generation corners better is loose soil......

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got some

MCF said:
Anyone know where you can pick up a 26 x 2.0 Hutchinson Python New Generation Tire? Jenson USA is out of stock. Also, anyone have any experience comparing the new generation python to the Hutchinson Python air lite? Hope the new generation corners better is loose soil......
I've for the new gen airlites now. The casting seems thicker and more durable than the old version. The cornering improvment is small. They also have a recomendation to run the front tire in reverse of the old suggested rolling direction. I've tried it both ways and could not tell a huge difference. They work better with stans and have less sidewall leaks but they are heavier than the old version. Its an update but not a big change. Get the racing ralphs 2.1 is you can that is a fast tire that hooks up well in the turns.

·
Registered
72 Posts
several mates have been using them for the past 6 months. They have noticed a small improvement in cornering in loose stuff. However, the side knobs are starting to rip off, a bit prematurely for their liking (and mine)!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.