Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· ಠ_ಠ
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a 13 mile ride, my first ride with the new Hutchinson Python Light USTs. Now, let me preface this review with the fact that I'm no expert. I've been riding for nearly three years now and this is only my third set of tires. I went from Hutch scorpions which were a joke, to Panaracer Fire Pros 2.1, which kicked major ass, but were draggy as Hell. Anyway, I was very sceptical about the Pythons, especially since I had such a bad experience with the Scorpions. But, after riding them (gingerly a first), I have to say they weren't that much less forgiving than the Panaracers. Maybe it's the fact they were UST, which supposedly means better traction. What I did notice was the weight savings. These babies were L I G H T by comparison, and they felt much faster. I ride in southern California, so from what I read, Pythons were designed my riding conditions. Anyway, they did better than I thought, and the benefits of lighter, faster tires were fantastic! Just thought I'd share. By the way, I'm 185 lbs. and rode 32psi front, 35psi rear, felt about right.

Cheers!

· Riding free's the mind
1,019 Posts
Agree

I've ridden the regular version of the Python Lites and found them to be some of the fastest tires I've ever had. They have huge air volume for a 2.0" tire and roll like crazy. Definitely the rather minimal tread has a lot to do with the efficiency of these tires, which is also why i decided to go with Conti verti pros to have more knobbies for technical stuff. But fire roads, dry dusty hardpack conditions, Pythons are at home (hence the name).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.