Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GT avalanche, manitou axel fork, wears a pair of hutch. mosquito, mostly asphalt/loose rocks

wath do you thik, is somethig better for this surfaces?

wath about a semi slick? good for cornering? sugestions please

thanks again folk (warp2003)

alvaro

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
gtvenezuela said:
My GT avalanche, manitou axel fork, wears a pair of hutch. mosquito, mostly asphalt/loose rocks

wath do you thik, is somethig better for this surfaces?

wath about a semi slick? good for cornering? sugestions please

thanks again folk (warp2003)

alvaro
I have a Mosquito 2.0 and a 2.3. The 2.0 is just about my least favorite tire. The knobs are just too small. All right in mud I guess, but definately not my first choice. I would never use it on asphalt or loose rocks.

Now the 2.3 on the other hand is a whole nother animal. Much larger knobs and a much larger casing. Its actually one of my favorite front tires (never used it on the rear and probably won't) believe it or not. Its strange how they can be so different. I don't like this tire on asphalt though, but I think its quite good on loose dirt.

You might want to try a semi slick that has some fairly aggressive side knobs.

·
Riding free's the mind
1,014 Posts
Pythons

Pythons are awesome for asphalt, but get a little sketchy on loose rock, but the new generation versions are supposed to have more agressive side knobs. I think they're the best hardpack tires around. In fact I feel that Hutchinson tires in general are great for their large volume and fast rolling.

I use the old Pythons on my hardtail, which gets gravel trail and asphalt use. For my full susp rig, UST Spiders which have more aggressive tread, but are still fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.