Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
11 is one louder than 10
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have considerably more mileage on the Bulldog 2.1 UST lites now that things are dried out.

I'm not real impressed thus far, particularly as a front tire. Now, it is particularly dry here in Michigan right now. The problem is that while the casing is a 2.1, the knobs are barely a 1.95. If I lean the bike hard into a turn, it wants to wash out. Fortunately it does give you a warning, but just not a huge fan so far.

On the rear it is OK. I'm going to find a wider front tire, possibly the spider and try that combo next.

Thus far though, I'd beware of it as a front tire. Keep in mind, I'm 210lbs, on a 4 inch travel bike. I also have a tendency to really trust my tires and lean into corners.

·
Registered
359 Posts
BULLDOG 2.3's WORK GREAT

Green Giant said:
Well, I have considerably more mileage on the Bulldog 2.1 UST lites now that things are dried out.

I'm not real impressed thus far, particularly as a front tire. Now, it is particularly dry here in Michigan right now. The problem is that while the casing is a 2.1, the knobs are barely a 1.95. If I lean the bike hard into a turn, it wants to wash out. Fortunately it does give you a warning, but just not a huge fan so far.

On the rear it is OK. I'm going to find a wider front tire, possibly the spider and try that combo next.

Thus far though, I'd beware of it as a front tire. Keep in mind, I'm 210lbs, on a 4 inch travel bike. I also have a tendency to really trust my tires and lean into corners.
Been running the 2.3 MRC, 895 gr, dual compound tires, front and back. 30psi, no stans and they hook up great. no washouts around turns, mostly ride hard packed, rooty, sand clay soil.
running them on mavic 819 rims, rider weight of 225. they hook way better then my conti gravity tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.