Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks

Thanks to those that replied to my other thread below,

I've looked at the Ventana and I like what I saw - Alan here @ riverside in the UK is very helpful and refreshibgly free of bulls**t, you seem to be buying into something rather than just buying a bike..

Really liked the El Ciclon and had a quick blast on an El Salt too - in a word ? STIFF

By a long way the stiffest bike I've ever ridden - hopping off a high curb (sidewalk in the US?!) was like landing a hardtail - absolutely no flex whatsoever....

I liked the feel to - direct and feels like you steer from your arse - if that makes sense - I guess I'm trying to say its responsive !

Problem ? I can get a great deal on a Cove Hustler - £300 ($600) cheaper than a El Ciclon - my heart says the Ventana but my head and my wallet the Cove !!

Now I think you lot are pretty biased but what do you think ?

Oh photos of El Ciclons will help

cheers

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've never looked into, but from what I hear Ventana has a turn in program for it's owners. Aside from the ride & build quality that is just the topper.

I've got a '06 Salt. I can't imagine anything else in it's catagory that matches up in overall considerations.

Enjoy your new ride. If the Ciclon wins out, post it. I'd like to see some more builds.

GG

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,819 Posts
This is Qfactor's El Ciclon. It's a 21" (XL)......picture this in Army Green which is the color of my El Ciclon.....that's sitting in the Redbarn :D

Having never ridden a Cove I can't comment on the frame. I looks beefy. What does Allan say about the two? He's your best Ventana resource in the UK. As far as, the 300 quid, I would not let that stop you from buying a Ventana.......if it meets all your needs and is better then the Cover Hustler. But then again "better" is so subjective. Compromise can be a tricky.........

Attachments

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Most people who try a Ventana are blown away by the feel. Saving $600 may seem like a lot but you will always wish you had bought the Ventana. I can practically promise that you will regret not buying one if you have ridden one already.

It isn't like you are comparing two similar bikes here either. Well, they may be similar in the eyes of some but not in the eyes of the wise:)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Justa,

I received your PM but haven't had time to reply till now. I will try to get a few good shots outside in natural light for you in the next day or two. All I can say is this bike is super stiff under my 250+ lb. rear end (definitely get the quad bearing upgrade). Great climber and tracks like a beast in the rough downhills. If you are nervous about fit, it is worth a call to speak to Sherwood directly.

BTW, photos don't do the cosmic orange justice. It has a nice, metallic "citrus gold" undertone in bright light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.