Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here is a video of the Hurricane Cliffs trail system, near St George, Utah. The trail system consists mainly of the Goulds Rim trail, the JEM Trail, and the Hurricane Rim Trail. These trails form a 21.5 mile loop of which about 19 miles of it is mighty fine singletrack. We did this loop counter clockwise starting from the Hurricane Hill trailhead. We mostly climbed on the Goulds Rim, we bombed for what seemed like forever on the JEM trail and mostly climbed on the Hurricane Rim trail back the truck. Right Click on the image to the left to download the 45MB video that runs a little over 7 minutes

While your waiting here is the Orginal Trip Report thread and here are a few frame captures from the video.

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
Agreed.

Wherewolf said:
Nice job, and I like the music.
I agree the ride looked sweet and your choice of music is awesome. I believe I recognize that song or a version like it from that movie, The Thomas Crown Affair.

I expected to see a guy with a painting running around with a bullard hat on. :)

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
Nice. Thanks for that. I need to get back and do that. Seems like every time I go to Gooseberry I only have time for it. The last time I did that long sweet down on JEM I was facing a 30 mph head wind..... really kinda took some of the fun out of it. It's a gentle enough grade that what's really needed is a nice tail wind to really get you moving. The head wind was work..... not that there's anything wrong with that.....just not when you're going down.

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KRob said:
Nice. Thanks for that. I need to get back and do that. Seems like every time I go to Gooseberry I only have time for it. The last time I did that long sweet down on JEM I was facing a 30 mph head wind..... really kinda took some of the fun out of it. It's a gentle enough grade that what's really needed is a nice tail wind to really get you moving. The head wind was work..... not that there's anything wrong with that.....just not when you're going down.
The wind was pretty kicking that day as well, but it do not pick up until we were on the Hurricane Rim trail. There are a couple of scenes in the the video where you can see the bushes blowing around pretty good. We were a little speed limited on JEM because Billy's trailbike (Dude in front) did not have a big ring. I love the way the way the JEM trail really caters to your inner speed demon. No major hard turns, good sight lines, and for the most part pretty buff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.