Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
Joined
·
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met with Shiver Me Timbers today to fill in some holes and repair some rain damage on Hummingbird. It was fun, the trail is sweet, and I had planned to take all sorts of photos.

Well, in the end I only took one picture, but it has a nice story behind it. We were cleaning up a section as a rider came by. We watched him cruise down until he came to a ledgy dropoff. He checked it out (it's pretty freaky from above IMO) but bailed around it. SMT gave him a shout and convinced him to try the drop. We jogged back down the trail and stood on each side of the rocks to spot him, and he tried it. First time was sketchy and ended in a bail, second was better, but this third time he made it look easy. He was super amped, and it was a good vibe to be there when he rode something so buff.

Here is the pic of Chris... blurry, but a nice way to sum up the day!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
JMH & SMT,

You guys were simply awesome! Sorry for the late post. I wanted to reply right away, but it took some time to get registerd. Thanks for spotting me, and convincing me to try the drop off. My riding skill probably improved by double folds by all the insights you guys gave me. I can't wait to try that again. That was a lot of fun! When you get a chance, could you please send me the video SMT took?
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,010 Posts
Thanks to JMH and ET_SoCal and his buddy for help on Hummingbird. If you ride the trail, you will love the improvements. We filled in ruts, cut down some trees/bushes on the trail and did some weeding of the dreaded Dandolions.

Great time indeed. Was treated to perfect Socal weather.

Day was made great by watching singletrack_mind go down this sketchy section. He was a real trooper as we spotted him. I have the video and will have it posted later on for all to see.
 

·
Are you gonna eat that?
Joined
·
500 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Thanks to JMH and ET_SoCal and his buddy for help on Hummingbird. If you ride the trail, you will love the improvements. We filled in ruts, cut down some trees/bushes on the trail and did some weeding of the dreaded Dandolions.
How does someone go about getting involved with trail maintenance ? I assume we don't just show up with a shovel and a hacksaw determined to "do some good" ? :)
 

·
members only
Joined
·
338 Posts
Kyoseki said:
How does someone go about getting involved with trail maintenance ? I assume we don't just show up with a shovel and a hacksaw determined to "do some good" ? :)
Help CORBA for a few years, learn the correct way to maintain the trails and when you can maintain yourself - just do it.
 

·
Xtremely Moderate
Joined
·
3,098 Posts
Shiver..........you're like the Dad we all never had.

.............Except you drink like a Mc (wait a minute you are a Mc) and carouse with unscrupulous women in parking garages.........oh well......nobody's dad is perfect.
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,010 Posts
singletrack_mind said:
Thank you for the video SMT! Just wondering...if JMT was taking the picture, and you were recording the video, who was spotting me? ;-) Scott, I'm sure you don't need a lesson, but let me know when, and I'm there.
you had it routine so we left you alone...then we started spotting you again on the drop part
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,010 Posts
e[I said:
o]Shiver..........you're like the Dad we all never had.

.............Except you drink like a Mc (wait a minute you are a Mc) and carouse with unscrupulous women in parking garages.........oh well......nobody's dad is perfect.
I don't think so...Huntington Beach is a long way from my house for those kind of "activities"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
You guys rock.

Usually when I encourage people to take new lines, and bigger drops, or sketchier sections it because I really want to see them bail. Kinda like watching NASCAR. It's never as good without a crash.

Am I just an @sshole or does everyone think this way???

singletrack_mind...big props on stepping it up.
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,010 Posts
freeriderizzle said:
You guys rock.

Usually when I encourage people to take new lines, and bigger drops, or sketchier sections it because I really want to see them bail. Kinda like watching NASCAR. It's never as good without a crash.

Am I just an @sshole or does everyone think this way???

singletrack_mind...big props on stepping it up.
remind me to never listen to you
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top