Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forums and saw no references to it.
It appears to be the automotive equivalent of the free-toaster-with-checking-account.
According to Hummer (the over-oversized SUV folks), it's the bicycle paratroopers carry with them when they jump out of planes and presumably unpack, assemble, and ride while shooting bad guys.

But, I do a lot of small boat cruising and would love take along a compactable mountain bike.
Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of these things? Is there any chance it rides nicely and won't break almost immediately?

www.hummerbikes.com

·
Registered
385 Posts
I rode an older one (a Montague MX -- same design) for about three months this summer when I got into MTBing. It is not a *nice* ride, but it may be tolerable. I found it to be a harsh ride, very heavy, and very unstable when turning. I can say this because my hardtail I replaced it with feels like a different world.

You definately do not have to worry about the frame breaking because it is made of some of the biggest tubes I have seen on a bike.

http://www.montagueco.com/products.html

bajaking said:
Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of these things? Is there any chance it rides nicely and won't break almost immediately?

www.hummerbikes.com

·
Horst Linked
90 Posts
A number of bike companies make folding or travel bikes. Depending on how much you want to spend, you could get a really sweet bike. I bet a Hummer bike would be pretty crappy, especially if you're used to riding a real mtb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts