Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm just riding along, using the product as intended, and my brand new Turner develops a major crack, starting in the top tube and running all the way through the down tube. :( Even with the crack I was still able to use the thing, but I had to be careful to avoid cutting myself. We'll see if Turner covers this under their warranty. Please don't tell anyone on the Ells forum. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I think its warranty

I don't remember a weight limit on this particular product. I've used mine for some pretty heavy stouts, high content "fuel" and other assorted drinks that I don't care to mention here for fear the feds might come after me and my still....ooops, cats out of the bag.

Anyway, this is definately a warranty item, if you didn't try dropping it 3' to flat.

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, it came out of the box that way. Luckily I ordered two, so I have a backup while the replacement is being sent. I don't fault Turner, our UPS guy is something of a gorilla.

·
only slightly broken
279 Posts
Have you got a weight on that thing? It LOOKS like the tubing is butted but it's hard
to tell from the pictures.
How's the new 02 build up coming? Want pics!

patrick

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,209 Posts
Fortunately for you...

...it wasn't an Ellsworthless glass. The new generation E glasses have a redesigned base, therefore a "warranty" replacement upcharge will run you $14.43.

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pffft said:
Have you got a weight on that thing? It LOOKS like the tubing is butted but it's hard
to tell from the pictures.
How's the new 02 build up coming? Want pics!

patrick
Comes in right at 16oz. (imperial). No O2 yet, still waiting on the frame and the fork is coming back from my loan to Dtrek. Maybe this weekend it will be done. Will post shots for sure. The LX stuff looks great, a bit heavy but bombproof.

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just heard from Casey - a new replacement is on the way! Turner CS is absolutely the best. I didn't think to ask if DT wanted me to ship the cracked one back for additional "research". I'' pass on the Ells glass thanks - wouldn't want to risk breakage on a serious Black & Tan. ;)

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Clown crap

Aquaholic said:
...it wasn't an Ellsworthless glass. The new generation E glasses have a redesigned base, therefore a "warranty" replacement upcharge will run you $14.43.
I always love these posts, but you forgot that it will also take months of harrassing the E folks as they try to squirm out of honoring the "lifetime" warranty before allowing you to get the new model at a "discount."

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
cutthroat said:
Actually, it came out of the box that way. Luckily I ordered two, so I have a backup while the replacement is being sent. I don't fault Turner, our UPS guy is something of a gorilla.
Damm John you scared me for a second that you cracked the new Burner. Also I will look for the shipping paper later, and I will give you the tracking number later.
Dave

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,209 Posts
SSINGA said:
I could send you my Ellsworth as a loaner while the Turner gets "repaired":p
Is it true that no matter how many times you wash these(Ellsnotworthit) glasses, they still have a slimy residue on them?

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
Hmmmmmm.

Thats what happens when you have Blarney over for a few drinks.

Just don't invite her on a ride.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.