Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
And if not, why not?
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've heard some very bad news, and am hoping to deliver some very good news as a consolation in the near future. The bad news: It is my understanding that the masters of the mountains series(aka the new york state championships) is not happenning this year. That means no races at Hunter, Winterclove, or Riedelbaurs resort. The ptoential good news is that I am considering stepping up and organizing a race in ulster county, possibly in early June. I am still in the research phase, but so far It looks very promising. I will keep everyone updated as it solidifies, and of course will be asking for help when i am ready for it. I'm really excited about this. I've never done this sort of thing before, but I've been thinking about it for years, so I think it's time to get off the fence and just do it. :thumbsup:

·
And if not, why not?
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There will be suffering...

I'm keeping the site under my hat right now. I will let you know as soon as I have the aprovals I need. Trust me, we got some trail fo' ya;) . One of the reasons I wanted to do this is so that our local scene would get a chance to shine.

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
guava said:
It's not William's lake.
Don't even now where that is.

I use to live in Highland, right in the village. I found a couple trails that would lead to the radio towers ontop of the mt. That was it for Highland, atleast for all I knew.

·
Recovering
1,483 Posts
Jockey Hill? I imagine others will step up to fill the void, like the guy from Overlook who did the Woodstock All-Terrain Challenge last year. Will also drive a lot of people to either the Platty series or the Hudson to Highlands series...

Why are they cancelling it?

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
jbogner said:
Jockey Hill? I imagine others will step up to fill the void, like the guy from Overlook who did the Woodstock All-Terrain Challenge last year. Will also drive a lot of people to either the Platty series or the Hudson to Highlands series...

Why are they cancelling it?
I believe you're thinking of Billy Denter.

And the Woodstock ATC was a brutal race, that's for sure.

·
And if not, why not?
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I heard the news about the masters series from Billy at Overlook, and confirmed it with someone that was helping them put on the series. Unless they sold the name to another promoter, which I haven't heard about, it is def. not happening. And yes, the woodstock race was an oldschool adventure. BTW, I hear that Billy has a new event up his sleave for may. Ulster county in da house for '07!

·
Shut up and ride
1,159 Posts
guava said:
I heard the news about the masters series from Billy at Overlook, and confirmed it with someone that was helping them put on the series. Unless they sold the name to another promoter, which I haven't heard about, it is def. not happening. And yes, the woodstock race was an oldschool adventure. BTW, I hear that Billy has a new event up his sleave for may. Ulster county in da house for '07!
I thought the dude that put MOTM on was named Mike

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey Guava,

On the weekend of June 3rd there are 2 races happening - although neither real close:

June 2nd and 3rd - Tour De Tykes - Mass Series - Danville PA - XC and ST

June 2nd and 3rd - Channel 3 Rt 66 Race - Andover CT - XC and ST

Might Want to consider Wknd of June 10th - the Mass has a race that wknd but its a Marathon and Rt 66 has a race but it's all the way in MA. H2H has nothing, Plattekill nothing.

The weez

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
The Weez said:
Hey Guava,

On the weekend of June 3rd there are 2 races happening - although neither real close:

June 2nd and 3rd - Tour De Tykes - Mass Series - Danville PA - XC and ST

June 2nd and 3rd - Channel 3 Rt 66 Race - Andover CT - XC and ST

Might Want to consider Wknd of June 10th - the Mass has a race that wknd but its a Marathon and Rt 66 has a race but it's all the way in MA. H2H has nothing, Plattekill nothing.

The weez
Sadly I have to work the 2nd & 3rd.
You had me until you said June 10th. The 10th is the Fat tire festival at Blue Mt.

·
And if not, why not?
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ARGH! plan B

Since I was last here, some logistical/legal nightmares have altered what is possible for this event. Some of you will think it's better, some worse. I cannot run an xc race at the venue I was hoping to, but I am locked in to do something there:madman: , so I am working on putting together a mountain bike festival instead, with the possibility of including a short track race, if the land will work, and if there is enough interest. The event will include group rides, contests, shwag, non profits, vendors, shop booths, and we are looking into bike demos and maybe even a pro bike show of some kind(trials, etc.) It will be less expensive to attend, more family friendly, and and pretty much just rock alltogether.If you are not from ulster county, this is a chance for you to come up and ride some of the best xc trails in the region. It will be the weekend after a bike event in saugerties that will include a road crit and a short track race, and the weekend before the Blue mountain fest, so it's just gonna be mtb heaven the the hudson valley this year. H2H will still have races in Tymor and Newburgh, and the dark horse 40 is probably comming back as well, not to mention the woodstock race which I hear is gonna be bigger and better than last year. I am also still looking into putting a race on in ulster county later in the season, but nothing is set yet. I want to race this year too, so Two events might be too much for me the first year. Please let me know what you guys think about all this. If you have ideas, I will consider them. If you want to be involved as a sponsor, an exhibitor, or a volunteer, please pm me and I will get right back too you. I'm glad we even have something mtb related to discuss and get excited about to keep sane in this weather.

·
And if not, why not?
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks wmbarace

I really apreaciate that,and I may pick your brain later about some things. Also I hope that you guys aren't too busy to come up and check it out. You should at least send someone up with flyers and promote the wmba fest at our event.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.