Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bipolar roller
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any thoughts on these or suggestions on another insert for fat tires?
Huck Norris looks to be a lot lighter at 134g vs the tannus at 500g. The tannus also involves a tube. Vittoria looks interesting, but only show to go to 4". Not sure if that is tire or rim though.

·
Bipolar roller
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are some fun rock gardens I like jeepn over, some that would be near impossible on a non-fat bike. I need to keep the psi semi low so I don’t bounce all over, but when going a little too fast or a little tired I’ll end up getting rim strikes. Nothing to bad so far, but have put a dent or two in my rims.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm running the huck norris in the rear of my fat bike. It is in a 26 x 4.8 FBR. I ride pretty heavy and carelessly through all the same rocky stuff that i take my trail bike through. So far i have had no issues, but i did bend the rim once on a really hard hit, landing on a rock from about a 24" drop. I was able to bend the rim back using a piece of 2x4 and a hammer. The rim is an 80mm mulefut. Otherwise i just slam the thing into every rock and root on my local trails with no concern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.