Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mainly ride agressive XC and All Mountain. Currently have Dt Swiss Ex5.1d rims and DT Swiss Revolution spokes. Just wondering if anyone has used the Hope or Dt Swiss hubs and which they would go with. I know the rear hope hub is significantly lighter, in fact almost as light as King, but would it stand up to the abuse.
Dt Swiss onyx rear - 353g
Hope Pro Disc II rear - 280g

Thanks!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dt Swiss 240 rear disc hub - $289; 258g

Dt Swiss Onyx rear disc hub - $154; 393g

Hope Pro disc II hub - $179; 285g

I wouldn't exactly call the Hope pro disc II and 240s comparable. I was looking at the 240s, but don't plan on paying that much. As long as the hopes can stand up to the abuse I will probably go with them.

·
Registered
839 Posts
shiggy said:
No question, Hope. The Onyx freehub can be fragile under hard use/heavy riders.
I'll second this from first hand experience. I broke onyx freehub, 3 hrs into a 7hr ride - NOT FUN. Decided to go King ISO rather than gamble on the onyx holding up.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The 340 is inbetween the 240 and the 440 in terms of strength, its the perfect All Mountain hub and its steel cassette body is very durable.
Dont know of the prices in US, but mine were cheaper than Hopes (Hopes arent great value in Oz)
Out of your two choices, go the Hopes.
Wil

·
Baller/Biker
172 Posts
Suprise to me

I have to try these Hope Hubs, I here nothing but good things. If there better than the 340s, then that is a VERY good Hub for the price there going for these days.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks

Thanks for all the advice. Going with the Hopes!!

·
May contain nuts
2,433 Posts
I don't expect my aluminium-body ProII freehub body will last very long. XT cass is already notching it up...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts