Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm swapping my white industries ENO hub to a Industry Nine Torch SS hub and I want to use my current Stan's rim and Sapim CX Ray spokes because both have such low mileage (under 400 miles). I crossed my fingers and hoped that the spoke lengths were similar.. and here's what I got when using a spoke length calculator...

Currrently on a WI Hub:

Want to switch to an I9 Torch SS Hub:

The question is... Do you think I can reuse my Sapim CX Rays? I'd prefer to reuse them not just for financial reasons, but also because mine have such low miles. I was planning to at least get new nipples since my current ones are alloy (switching to brass).

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
52 Posts
They're close enough that it might work out. I think it will come down to the spoke length that was actualy used in your current build. How are the spoke ends compared to the bottom of the slots now?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure, but I'll check when I get home and post a photo. I'm hoping I see some extra length poking out of the bottom.

·
Chris Bling
2,585 Posts
Don't see a problem reusing the spokes. I have reused lightly used spokes in the past on my personal builds with no adverse effects. Spoke length looks spot on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts