Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Bonty Racelite ceramic Rims for building, but no hubs...

Any ideas on a light and nice set of 24 Front/28 Rear non-disc hubs that are currently available for such a build?

Replies most appreciated!

Cheers,

Bee

·
Premium Member
7,491 Posts
Chris King?

Not sure about the 24h front, but the 28h rear they make. Why not get the best?

You might want to X-post this to weight weenies or something, btw. Let Nino regale you with his tales of dremeling every part on his bike, then ask him about light hubs. The guy is a walking bike encyclopedia.

I hope you don't weigh much, btw. 28/24 is not a lot of spokes for offroad riding. Find someone really good to do the build.

That makes me curious - how many spokes are people running? I've been happy with my 36/32 Chris King setup (on 390g road rims) but I suppose with beefier rims that spoke count could drop a bit.

-Walt

·
My gloves stink
1,508 Posts
OEM Bonty hubs were 24/28

mtb4me said:
I have a set of Bonty Racelite ceramic Rims for building, but no hubs...

Any ideas on a light and nice set of 24 Front/28 Rear non-disc hubs that are currently available for such a build?

Replies most appreciated!

Cheers,

Bee
The Bontrager Race and Race Lite hubs that were stock on the 2002 GF Mt. Tam and Supercal were 24/28. I dunno if the spoke count was the same for the 2003 model year. I think I read here somewhere that the Race Lites were made by King.

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
Hugi's

Appendage said:
The Bontrager Race and Race Lite hubs that were stock on the 2002 GF Mt. Tam and Supercal were 24/28. I dunno if the spoke count was the same for the 2003 model year. I think I read here somewhere that the Race Lites were made by King.
It is my understanding that Bontrager and older Rolf's used the Hugi Hub.

Hugi's are really solid. Consider them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.