Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been using the Crossride for a year now and quite happy with it except for the hub. Ive been contemplating on purchasing parts and have a wheelset built when $$ becomes available.So for now I am thinking of replacing the hub with something that I can transfer over for a future wheel build. I see the brands such as Hope II, Hadley and CK but since I have no clue about building a wheel I am not even sure which one I can use to replace the current hub. Would I need to look for a hub that is specific to 24 spokes? Is this even doable on the Crossride?
Hopefully somebody can give me some insight on this and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
you would need a new rear wheel. there arent really any 24 hole hubs out there so even if you did want to just swap your hub out for something new if would be difficult to find a new hub. secondly, if you were to use a different hub you would probaby need new spokes since your current spokes might not be the proper length to fit a different hub. lastly, it usually not advised to build a new wheel around a used rim, since rims wear out over time.

hadley and king hubs are nice but also very expensive, the hope pro II hubs are very nice and cost a good bit less than kings or hadleys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.